A. Terms of Reference for the Service Provider
The project requires the service of a community-scale hydrothermal technology service provider to undertake detailed design, procurement of unit components and other materials, components, installation, testing, and commissioning of a 50-liter hydrothermal reactor system, and capacity building training for the beneficiary community and the personnel-in-charge of operations and maintenance. The services rendered shall ensure that appropriate unit scale and installation are adopted with due consideration to factors such as the amount and type of collected solid waste, installation location and the safety measures.
B. Scope of Work
Detailed design and structural safety assessment:
- On-site assessment of the civil structure of the building where the community-scale hydrothermal reactor system will be installed to take into account safe distance from and logistics of waste sources (i.e., from households, waste-disposal point).
- Providing composition analysis of final hydrothermal products from laboratory (e.g., solid fuel, liquid fertilizer, compost and etc.) is preferable or advantages.
- Any hydrothermal technology coming outside of Indonesia is required to provide a permit letter in terms of installing and operating the hydrothermal technology from the relevant Indonesian Government institutions as well as proof that the spare parts are available locally.
Procurement of unit components and other materials, fabrication, set up and installation
- Procurement and fabrication of 50-liters hydrothermal reactor system are not limited to the following:
- 50-liter hydrothermal reactor with heating system
- Pressure valve
- Inside stirrer of the reactor or agitator
- Product tray
- Any other relevant components needed to ensure the facility’s operability and functionalities
- Provisions of technology spare parts and components
- Facilitation of complete set-up and installation of the 50-liters hydrothermal reactor system in the project site.
Testing and commissioning (including warranty period)
- Monitoring and regular maintenance for at least three (3) months after completion of set-up and installation.
- The service provider also assumes liability for the manufacturer warranties of the respective system components/parts.
- Quality control inspection test and trial run shall be conducted with the oversight of a dedicated representative of the local government organization (ideally Environment Agency).
Capacity building training for the personnel in charge
- Conduct capacity building training for personnel in charge of maintenance of facilities on proper use, maintenance of the technology, repairs and damage management, ensuring the facility’s overall optimum efficiency and life
- Develop and handover operations manual for personnel in charge, outlining technical steps and guidance to operate, maintain, and repair the technology, and other relevant mechanisms required.
- Establish coordination mechanisms (i.e., focal persons) to facilitate on-site and remote assistance in the operation and troubleshooting of the technology after installation and testing period.
C. Deliverables and time frames
A maximum of five (5) months is estimated to complete the deliverables as stated below. The following table lists the deliverables and their respective delivery date.
|Detailed engineering design and structural safety assessment||March – April 2021|
|Procurement of unit components and other materials, fabrication, set-up and installation||April – June 2021|
|Testing and commissioning||June – July 2021|
|Development and handover of operations manual and delivery of capacity building training for personnel-in-charge of operations and maintenance||May 2021|
D. Service Provider Eligibility
The service provider must provide evidence of:
- Eligible community-scale hydrothermal technology service provider, in conformation to relevant national/international standards and regulations;
- Necessary documentation of accreditation from relevant government authorities for the installation of community-scale hydrothermal technology system in Indonesia;
- Prior experience in completed supply, installation, testing, commissioning and handing over of the community-scale hydrothermal technology system;
- Use of environment-friendly, cost-effective, and genuine equipment and materials from reputable equipment/component suppliers that conform with available and appropriate national and international standards;
- Safety construction solution and overall aesthetics consideration in the design and implementation.
Additionally, advantageous criteria for prospective service provider include:
- Prior work experience with the community in Indonesia;
- Flexibility and a shared vision for the project outcome are essential, since the work will be undertaken in close cooperation with the project team members.
E. Closing Date for Submission
Please send all materials (proposal and supporting documents) in one PDF document via email with subject “Urban-LEDS II: Solid Waste Management using Community-Scale Hydrothermal Technology” to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Tuesday, March 30, 2021.
To: Country Manager ICLEI-Local Governments for Sustainability Indonesia
For any queries related to submission, please contact Yayasan ICLEI Indonesia via the e-mail address above.
Please use English for all communications. Only successful candidates will be contacted. Due to the volume of applications being received, our office would not be able to entertain phone calls. For more information about ICLEI Southeast Asia Secretariat and ICLEI Indonesia Office, visit http://icleiseas.org/.
Download the full ToR here.