Our Indonesia office based in Jakarta, Indonesia is looking for a Project Officer to primarily lead ICLEI’s engagement in the S²Cities programme, as well as provide support to other organizational projects and activities as needed.
The Safe and Sound Cities (S²Cities) programme is an initiative proudly led by Global Infrastructure Basel (GIB) Foundation, in partnership with ICLEI, hosted by Swiss Philanthropy Foundation, and with the support of Fondation Botnar. Launched in 2021, S²Cities is dedicated to improving young people’s safety and well-being in urban environments, both objectively (actual security) and subjectively (feeling safe).
In relation to the S2Cities programme, the project officer’s tasks include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Building System Understanding
– Secure commitment and participation of the selected program city/cities through the signing of a memorandum of understanding or
other necessary documents
– Lead the conduct, documentation, and reporting of a city-wide survey on local youth safety issues
– Support the conduct of youth safety-related stakeholder mapping, engagement, and convening to serve as basis for other program activities
2. Capacity and Empowerment
– Support the conduct of a capacity assessment of the key actors identified during the stakeholder mapping
– Support the conduct of capacity building and skills development activities to key stakeholders from the city administration
– Support the conduct of capacity building and skills development activities to city youth; as well as helping bridge the gap between the youth and the city administration
3. Innovation and Youth-driven Action
– Support the research and framing of urban safety challenges in order to enable engaging innovation and ideation
– Support the conduct of solutions generation and ideation activities with city youth
– Support the further development of ideated activities to have them ready for implementation
4. Systemic Improvements and Scale
– Lead the conduct, documentation, and reporting of advocacy and engagement activities, including roundtables, seminars, other engagement to improve policy, practice, resource availability, shift power dynamics, build relationships and shift beliefs regarding young people, agency and safety, as based on findings throughout the programme
– Support the activities related to the S²Cities Global Learning Network
– Support the conduct of effective, inclusive, youth-friendly, and widespread communication efforts
5. Annual Review, Upgrade and Engagement with New cities
– Support the annual review and evaluation of programme processes to identify areas of opportunity and strengths to upgrade where
– Lead the engagement of new cities to participate in the program
6. Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning
– Support monitoring, evaluation, and learning activities by facilitating interactions, communications, and collaborations between programme grantees.
7. General Role
– Facilitating coordination and communication between the city and the local partner(s) who lead capacity building and youth innovation
– Lead the regular creation and submission of English-language documentation notes and reports from meetings, engagements, and other activities, ensuring these are complete, accurate, and meet the requirements and standards of the programme partners
– Coordinate activities with, submit progress reports to, and secure clearance and approval of reports from ICLEI SEAS prior to submission to GIB and Swiss Philanthropy Foundation.
To apply, please submit a Cover Letter that demonstrates your experience, qualifications, salary expectation, and why you feel you would be the right choice for this position, along with your latest CV and other supporting documents (Certificate of Education, Certificate of Work, etc).
Please send all materials in one (1) .pdf file through email with subject “PO_IO – [your name]” no later than 17.00 WIB on 24 September 2022, to: email@example.com. Failure to comply with the instructions herein provided will disqualify the applicant.
For more information about ICLEI SEAS, please visit http://icleiseas.org/
For more information about the S²Cities programme, please visit https://s2cities.org/