Our office in Quezon City, Philippines is looking for a Regional Program Manager who will lead and oversee the major projects and activities of the Secretariat in close coordination with the Regional Director and different project teams.
Under the supervision and direction of the Regional Director, the Regional Program Manager will assist in developing and overseeing all facets of ICLEI SEAS’ work, while contributing substantially to the organizations’ overall advocacies, programs, project and activities. The Regional Program Manager is expected to lead and oversee the major projects and activities of the Secretariat in close coordination with the Regional Director and different project teams.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
Project Implementation and Management
- Develop, strategize, implement and oversee implementation of activities under the climate change portfolio in cooperation with relevant Project Officers (including those based in the Secretariat, country, and project offices) to ensure that milestones are reached in timely and efficient manner.
- Provide technical advice and strategic guidance in the design and delivery of project activities. These include but are not limited to the following thematic areas: local climate action planning, vulnerability assessment, GHG emissions inventory, energy efficiency and conservation, renewable energy, stakeholder engagement, multi-level governance and other related areas.
- identify and maximize opportunities in the implementation of different projects, in cooperation with the Regional Director and project teams.
- Manage program/s and project teams, coordinate and delegate cross-project initiatives and identify key requirements needed from cross-functional teams and external partners.
- Implement and manage changes and interventions to ensure project goals are achieved
- Conduct technical review and quality check of project reports including workshop proceedings, articles, case studies, and policy briefs. From time to time, the post is also expected to lead writing of project report/s.
- Provide actionable feedback and manage potential risks and barriers to project implementation including dealing with project partners, donor agencies, and other relevant stakeholders.
- Liaise with partners and line agencies of the government, as necessary.
- Maintain and monitor organizational standards of satisfaction, quality and performance of staff through the conduct of annual performance appraisal.
- Assist the Regional Director in monitoring budget utilization and variance per project.
- Identify potential project opportunities that ICLEI SEAS may apply as part of the organization’s business development.
- Identify new funding streams and develop new programs to support the strategic direction of the organization.
- Help develop and package project proposals in cooperation with other ICLEI regional office/s and/or project partners as needed.
Strategic Partnerships and Networking
- Represent ICLEI SEAS in relevant workshops, conferences at the national, regional, and international level as needed while ensuring the promotion of ICLEI’s global advocacy and branding.
- Build a network of contact/s among relevant national ministries, local governments, and other like-minded organizations in Southeast Asia and thereafter, identify potential opportunities for partnership and collaboration.
- Assist the Regional Director in putting together ICLEI SEAS annual rand project reports for submission to ICLEI World Secretariat.
Qualifications and Experience
- Must have a Master’s degree on Environmental Science, Urban Planning, Climate Change and Sustainability Management or other related courses;
- Minimum of five years experience in development work, experience working in an international organization in the field of climate change work is an advantage;
- Must have strong management skills including ability to provide strategic guidance, technical oversight, mentor team members, project monitoring, and administrative and financial management, among others;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with professional experience in networking with various project partners (national and local governments, private sectors, international and local NGOs);
- Good command of the English language and excellent writing skills;
- Advanced knowledge of database software and spreadsheet software including Microsoft Office Applications (e.g., Access, Excel, Words, Powerpoint, etc.);
- Excellent organizational and planning skills; professional judgment; discretion; and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to communicate concisely and clearly and to facilitate the decision-making process;
- Must demonstrate intellectual and social flexibility and ability to manage multiple tasks at the same time; and
- Must be willing to address and disclose work-related issues and problems in constructive and problem-solving approaches.
Please submit a Cover Letter that demonstrates your experiences, qualifications, salary expectation, and case why you feel you would be the right choice for this position, along with your latest CV using our template, completed Key Selection Criteria Response Form, and other supporting documents (Certificate of Education, Certificate of Work, etc.).
Please send all materials in one pdf document in an email with the subject “Regional Program Manager – [your name]” no later than 6:00 PM on Tuesday/ 30 June 2020, to email@example.com.
*You may combine all documents using free online application such as smallpdf.com.
Please use English for all communications. Only successful candidates will be contacted. Due to the volume of applications being received, our office would not be able to entertain phone calls. For more information about ICLEI Southeast Asia Secretariat, visit https://icleiseas.org/.
Read full ToR here.