Our Indonesia office based in Jakarta, Indonesia, is looking for a Country Manager. The Country Manager shall be responsible for the overall management of Yayasan ICLEI Indonesia, including planning, development, oversight of programs and projects, staff and financial management, and establishing connections and networks with international, national, and local actors for future collaboration and partnership. The Country Manager will work closely with the ICLEI SEAS Regional Program Manager and report to the ICLEI SEAS Regional Director.
We are looking for candidates with proven experience in project management of sustainable environment and climate change. They should demonstrate a successful track record in government coordination, partnership building, policy advocacy, and quality delivery of environment and climate change projects.
We will only proceed with candidates who match the profile for further steps.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Overall responsibility for the management and operations of ICLEI Yayasan Indonesia.
- Ensure compliance with national and local regulations of line agencies of the Government of Indonesia to maintain the good standing of Yayasan ICLEI Indonesia.
- Oversee management and operations including human resources, communications, and finance management.
- Develop Yayasan ICLEI Indonesia’s Country Strategy and work plan in consultation with the Project Officers for approval of the Regional Director and Board of Trustees.
- Responsible for the coordination, implementation, and monitoring of projects.
- Overall responsibility in building the organization’s brand.
- Coordinate project implementation, monitor progress of project deliverables, and ensure submission of consolidated reports to the Regional Director.
- Ensure timely submission of quality outputs and reports as mandated by the conditions of the Southeast Asia Secretariat, World Secretariat, and funders.
- Lead for coordination, networking, and development of partnerships in Indonesia.
- Coordinate, network, and develop partnerships with National Ministries, local governments, partner organizations, donor agencies, and similar organizations to advance the interest of Yayasan ICLEI Indonesia.
- Represent Yayasan ICLEI Indonesia in relevant local, national, regional, and global discussions, as needed while ensuring the promotion of ICLEI’s global advocacy and branding.
- Identify opportunities for networking and partnerships inside and outside Indonesia.
- Lead project development in Indonesia.
- Identify appropriate partners in Indonesia for potential collaboration in order to leverage resources.
- Identify and find appropriate funding opportunities within Indonesia and for the Southeast Asia Region.
- Lead project proposal development for Yayasan ICLEI Indonesia.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Master’s Degree in Environmental Governance/Management/Policies, Climate Change Management, Public Policy, International Relations, Urban/Regional Planning, or other related field.
- 7 years solid experience in a management position particularly in a CSO/NGO.
- 7 years solid experience working on programs and projects on environment and climate change funded by various international organizations.
- 10 years experience working with local and national government.
- Fluent in English, oral and written.
- Legally able to work in Indonesia.
Working / Functional Competencies
- Ability to handle multiple tasks without compromising both the quality of output/s and project deadlines.
- Creative, motivated, with keen attention to detail, and highly organized.
- Sound understanding of appropriate business practices and procedures to ensure proper financial controls are in place.
- Ability to supervise a group or individual to accomplish specific goals.
- Understanding of the country’s politics, a culturally open-minded disposition, adaptability, integrity, strong leadership, the ability to build relationships and effective communication skills.
- Proven track record in communication and negotiation skills that influences key decision-makers and affects relevant policy changes.
- Strong ability to identify opportunities and partnerships.
- Ability to innovate and create new ideas.
- Knowledge of local government operational frameworks and processes is an advantage.
- Demonstrates the ability to achieve results in a manner that is consistent with organizational expectations.
- Demonstrates the ability to provide effective coaching and encourage appropriate development activities in order to support staff in identifying and meeting their training and development needs.
- Demonstrates the ability to plan, use and create resources (people and/or finance and/or physical assets) in accordance with the organization guidelines and delegated accountability so that objectives are achieved in the most effective manner possible.
- Identifies and understands relationships, constraints and pressures affecting others.
- Advanced problem-solving and analytical skills, both quantitative and qualitative, with a focus on strategic challenges.
- Relationship management skills, also at a senior policy-maker level.
- Demonstrates commitment to ICLEI’s vision, mission, and values.
- Ability to work in an international environment, independent, proactive and has willingness to learn.
- Innovative, passionate in sustainable development, dynamic, consistent and well ordered.
- Knowledge of local laws and regulations to ensure that the organization complies with these.
- Ability to liaise with management at the main office and provide reports on activities.
- Demonstrate intellectual and social flexibility and ability to manage multiple tasks at the same time without compromising the quality and timeliness of deliverables.
- Must be willing and able to travel domestically and internationally.
- Ability to work under pressure and express one’s self articulately and with tact.
- Addresses conflicts proactively; continuously strive for mutually acceptable solutions.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision and as part of a dynamic group in a multicultural environment.
To apply, please submit a Cover Letter that demonstrates your experience, qualifications, salary expectation, and why you feel you would be the right choice for this position, along with your latest CV, completed Key Selection Criteria Response Form, and other supporting documents (Certificate of Education, Certificate of Work, etc).
DEADLINE EXTENDED TO 14 NOVEMBER 2022
Please send all materials in one (1) .pdf file through email with subject “CM_IO – [your name]” no later than 18.00 WIB on 14 November 2022, to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Failure to comply with the instructions herein provided will disqualify the applicant.