Our Indonesia office based in Jakarta, Indonesia is looking for a Membership and Communications Officer that will primarily be involved in developing and implementing its organizational and project-focused communications strategy in close coordination with the ICLEI SEAS
Communications Officer; as well as provide membership support in close coordination with the ICLEI SEAS Senior Officer for Memberships.
The ICLEI Southeast Asia Secretariat (SEAS), based in Quezon City, Philippines, currently serves ICLEI Members in the Philippines, Indonesia, Malaysia, and Thailand. Established in 1999, ICLEI SEAS currently has over 60 members from the aforementioned countries.
ICLEI’s work in Indonesia took off in 2000 with the Cities for Climate Protection campaign which successfully paved the way for expanding its advocacies on climate change mitigation in the country. In 2013, the ICLEI Indonesia Office started its operations. Over the years, it has tackled sustainability themes and strengthened its membership base across the nation which led to the establishment of “Yayasan ICLEI – Local Governments for Sustainability Indonesia” in December 2017.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and build engagement for ICLEI SEAS’ existing channels (website and social media platforms) in coordination and with the approval of the ICLEI SEAS Communications Officer
- Update and maintain Yayasan ICLEI Indonesia communication platforms as well as ICLEI SEAS website and social media channels by regularly uploading new content and ensuring that ICLEI news and events are posted in a timely manner in coordination and with the approval of the ICLEI SEAS Communications Officer
- Support the Yayasan ICLEI Indonesia and ICLEI SEAS in curating content for ICLEI SEAS channels with particular focus on Indonesian context in coordination with the ICLEI SEAS Communications Officer
- Memberships and Governance
- Maintain the database of all ICLEI members in Indonesia, including both local governments and local government associations
- Maintain updated and regular communication with the ICLEI members and network cities in Indonesia, including rebuilding communication with old members; disseminating information regarding fees, organizational updates, and opportunities in a timely manner
- Handle feedback from the members including questions, clarifications, suggestions, and others
- Project Implementation
- Support the development and implementation of stakeholder engagement-related and knowledge management activities as needs arise
- Ensure that all project activities receive sufficient media coverage by maintaining contact with media organizations, preparing press releases and briefers in English and Indonesian language, if needed, and disseminating these to media organizations
- Support in liaising with all member and network cities in Indonesia related activities and deliverables
To apply, please submit an English Cover Letter that demonstrates your experience, qualifications, salary expectations, and why you feel you would be the right choice for this position, along with your latest CV, and English Writing and Graphics Portfolios.
Please send all materials in one pdf file through email with subject “MCO_ICLEI IO – [your name]” no later than 17.00 WIB on Wednesday / 5 October 2022, to: firstname.lastname@example.org and cc: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. Failure to comply with the instructions herein provided will disqualify the applicant.
Please use English for all communications. Only successful candidates will be contacted. No phone call is entertained. For more information about ICLEI Southeast Asia Secretariat and ICLEI Indonesia Office, visit http://icleiseas.org/.