We are looking for a Project Assistant to support the implementation of the Clean Energy Living Laboratories (CELLs). The successful candidate will work closely with the ICLEI SEAS Project Officer and Program Manager in coordinating the overall planning, management, and implementation of projects assigned. This position will perform administrative management support for effective project implementation and will support the Project Officer / Program Manager in close coordination with the Regional Director to ensure the timely accomplishment of project deliverables. The Project Assistant shall also be charged with other regular functions of the Secretariat.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
Project Coordination and Support
- Assist in following-up meeting schedules with the project’s demonstration sites (Santa Rosa City, Bohol Province, and Cagayan De Oro City), national government agencies (Department of Energy, Department of Interior and Local Government, etc.), and other partners as the need arises.
- Assist in mobilizing city representatives during relevant local and national project activities.
- Assist in monitoring ICLEI’s workplan, and harmonizing activities with the CELLs co-implementers (Manila Observatory, University of San Carlos, and Xavier University) and the Project Management Office (Ateneo School of Government).
- Support documenting of activities and preparing of annual, quarterly, and activity reports.
- Support the ASEP CELLs communications technical working group, wherever possible.
Data Collection, Encoding, and Management
- Assist in collecting and compiling data and information relevant to the project including but not limited to local development plans, activity data for the conduct of GHG emissions inventory such as fuel consumption data, electricity consumption, information of relevant stakeholders, etc.
- Encode collected data and information in the format prescribed by the Country Team.
- Maintain a database of collected data and information.
- Analysis of data collected.e. Provide technical recommendations as appropriate.
Administration and Logistics
- Provide logistical and facilitation support in the conduct of national-level workshops and meetings (e.g., identification of venue, preparation of attendance sheets, coordination with suppliers, etc.)
- Prepare cash advances and liquidation reports for local project activities.
- Prepare project technical activity reports in coordination with the Lead Project Officer.
- Provide support to other ICLEI SEAS’s projects such as the 100% Renewable Energy Project, ensuring relevant administrative documents are filed and submitted accordingly to ICLEI Indonesia Finance and Operations Assistant.
- Other related tasks assigned from time to time
- At least a bachelor’s degree in environmental science/ management, urban and regional planning, development studies, communication, community development, or another relevant degree; or a combination of relevant education and experience.
- Good command of the English language, both written and spoken.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (e.g. Excel, Words, PowerPoint) is a must.
- Demonstrated understanding and working knowledge of data collection and analysis.
- Comfortable with writing at different levels: subject-based writing, reports, journalistic articles, and web-based snippets; keeping in mind the target audience and the medium.
- Fresh graduates are encouraged to apply.
- Previous volunteering/ internship experience in development work or related work for local/ national government institutions, NGOs, the private sector is an advantage.
- Knowledge of local government operational frameworks and processes is an advantage.
- Demonstrates commitment to ICLEI’s vision, mission, and values.
- Good communication and organization skills.
- Ability to work in an international environment, independent, proactively, and has a willingness to learn.
- Creative, motivated, with keen attention to detail and highly organized.
- Ability to communicate concisely and clearly and to facilitate the decision-making process.
- Demonstrate intellectual and social flexibility and ability to manage multiple tasks at the same time without compromising the quality of output/s and project deadlines.
To apply, please submit a Cover Letter that demonstrates your experience, qualifications, salary expectation, and why you feel you would be the right choice for this position, along with your latest CV, completed Key Selection Criteria Response Form, and other supporting documents (Certificate of Education, Certificate of Work, etc.).
Please send all materials in one .pdf file through email with the subject “PA – [your name]” no later than 17.00 PHT on Friday/ 31 July 2020, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants who do not comply with the instructions will not be considered.
Please use English for all communications. Only successful candidates will be contacted. No phone call is entertained. For more information about ICLEI Southeast Asia Secretariat, visit https://icleiseas.org/.