The ICLEI – Indonesia Office based in Jakarta, Indonesia is looking for a Membership and Communications Officer. The successful candidate will primarily be involved in developing and implementing its communications strategy and disseminating relevant information to members and existing networks.
In addition, he/ she shall support in communicating with potential and existing Yayasan ICLEI Indonesia members and its larger network. The successful candidate shall liaise with member local and regional governments; ensuring that all pertinent information regarding fees, organizational updates and opportunities are communicated to them in a timely manner.
In terms of project implementation, the Membership and Communications Officer shall lead the on-ground citizen, stakeholder, and media engagement activities of all projects in Indonesia.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and build engagement for ICLEI SEAS’ existing channels (website and social media platforms); develop, if necessary, specific communication channels for Yayasan ICLEI Indonesia in coordination with the ICLEI SEAS Communications Officer
- Update and maintain Yayasan ICLEI Indonesia communication platforms as well as ICLEI SEAS website and social media channels by regularly uploading new content and ensuring that ICLEI news and events are posted in a timely manner
- Support the Yayasan ICLEI Indonesia and Regional Secretariat in curating content for ICLEI SEAS channels with particular focus on Indonesian context
- Develop, edit, maintain, and package communication materials including newsletters, brochures, exhibits, event banners, infographics, and another communication materials among others, following the ICLEI global communications strategy in coordination with the ICLEI SEAS Communications Officer
- Write and edit news and feature articles, press releases, and other materials for various forms of media (i.e., website and print) and submit these to the Yayasan ICLEI Indonesia and Regional Secretariat for review and subsequent publication on ICLEI SEAS’ channels
- Assist in copy-editing technical reports, proceedings, and other documents produced by Yayasan ICLEI Indonesia to ensure coherence and clarity
- Assist in the conduct of Yayasan ICLEI Indonesia events/workshops, particularly to cover documentation, publication, media relations and coverage
- Assist in the development and packaging of project proposals (as need arises)
- Develop press releases and conduct press conferences
- Develop and maintain a media database
Memberships and Governance
- Maintain the database of all ICLEI members in Indonesia, including both local governments and local government associations
- Maintain updated and regular communication with the ICLEI members and network cities in Indonesia, including rebuilding communication with old members; disseminating information regarding fees, organizational updates, and opportunities in a timely manner
- Handle feedback from the members including questions, clarifications, suggestions, and others
- Support the development and implementation of stakeholder engagement-related and knowledge management activities as needs arise
- Ensure that all project activities receive sufficient media coverage by maintaining contact with media organizations, preparing press releases and briefers in English and Indonesian language, if needed, and disseminating these to media organizations
- Support in liaising with all member and network cities in Indonesia related activities deliverables
- Ensure that the branding of all projects, ICLEI, and the cities are highlighted in all communication materials developed
- Provide logistical support in the conduct of workshops and meetings including administrative and finance requirements (cash advances, liquidation)
- Support the development of proposal for new projects or bidding projects
- Leading small-scale projects in Indonesia
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Master’s Degree in Journalism, Development Communication, Mass Communication, Communication Arts, Sociology, and related fields. Other courses may be considered provided that it is supported with equivalent professional experiences
- Minimum of two-year working experience in the field of communications, with particular emphasis on news writing, copy editing, events coverage, and desktop publishing
- Solid background on environment and climate change will be an advantage
- Experience in working with NGO and local governments will be an advantage
- Legally able to work in Indonesia
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and visual design software programs (e.g. Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, and others) is a must
- Experience in website management and knowledge on the use of content management systems such as Joomla, WordPress, and Mailchimp is a plus
- Familiarity with social media marketing tools such as Mentimeter, Keyhole, and Hootsuite is a plus
- Experience in photography and videography is preferred
- Ability to handle multiple tasks without compromising both the quality of output/s and project deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to create visually-appealing communication materials and knowledge products
- Creative, motivated, with keen attention to detail, and highly organized
- Demonstrates commitment to ICLEI’s vision, mission, and values
- Ability to work in international environment, independent, proactive and has willingness to learn
- Creative, passionate in sustainable development, self-motivated, with keen attention to details and highly organized
- Demonstrate intellectual and social flexibility and ability to manage multiple tasks at the same time without compromising quality and timeliness of deliverables
- Must be willing and able to travel domestically and internationally
- Ability to work under pressure and express one’s self articulately and with tact
- Addresses conflicts proactively; continuously strive for mutually acceptable solutions
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision and as part of a dynamic group in multicultural environment
To apply, please submit a Cover Letter that demonstrates your experience, qualifications, salary expectations, and why you feel you would be the right choice for this position, along with your latest CV, completed Key Selection Criteria Response Form, and Portfolios of Previous Works.
Please send all materials in one pdf file through email with subject “MCO_ICLEI – [your name]” no later than 17.00 WIB on Friday/ 29 October 2021, to: firstname.lastname@example.org and cc: email@example.com. Failure to comply with the instructions herein provided will disqualify the applicant.
Please use English for all communications. Only successful candidates will be contacted. No phone call is entertained. For more information about ICLEI Southeast Asia Secretariat and ICLEI Indonesia Office, visit http://icleiseas.org/.
You may read the full Terms of Reference HERE.