The “Alliance + ICLEI Developing Plastic Waste-Free Cities” programme is looking for individual experts or a firm/team to help develop a waste analysis and characterization study (WACS) of the municipal solid wastes and plastic wastes in Jambi City, Indonesia.
SCOPE OF WORK
The consultant shall assist ICLEI in the conduct of a waste analysis and characterization study (WACS) of the municipal solid wastes and plastic wastes in Jambi City, Indonesia. The following activities shall be undertaken:
A. Preparation and training
- Assist the ICLEI Project Officer with consultation to the Jambi City Coordinator (Environment Agency) to finalize:
- the identified distribution of sampling locations;
- the proposed sampling schedule;
- the identified survey tools and materials, as well as other necessary resources needed;
- administration procedure of laboratory analysis with the selected laboratory; and
- the draft questionnaire survey.
- Kindly see Annex A in the Terms of Reference hyperlinked at the end of the posting for details.
- Participate in WACS methodology training and orientation together with the Jambi City Coordinator that will be delivered by ICLEI Project Officer.
B. Conduct of on-ground WACS of municipal solid wastes and plastic wastes
- Carry out interviews by using questionnaire surveys with key actors from each identified distribution of sampling locations.
- Quantify and characterize wastes from each identified distribution by type that are inline with the WACS methodology within 7 days in a row for each sampling location.
- Collect and send waste samples to be forwarded to the selected laboratory for chemical analysis.
- Secure results of laboratory analysis.
C. Data processing and analysis
- Consolidate and conduct post-processing of data
- Submit report containing results and analysis
DELIVERABLES AND TIME FRAME
Kindly see the Terms of Reference hyperlinked at the end of the posting for the deliverables and indicative delivery timeframe.
- At least a bachelor’s degree in environmental science/management/technique, urban and regional planning, or other relevant degrees. Master’s degree or further studies on environment, waste management, urban planning or sustainable development would be an advantage.
- A minimum 1 year of work experience or research related to waste management. Preferably, prior experience in the conduct of waste analysis and characterization (WACS).
- Familiar with quartering and coning methods in the conduct of WACS would be an advantage.
- Experience in working with local governments would be an advantage.
- Excellent field research, report writing, and data management skills.
- Excellent presentation as well as oral and written communication skills in English.
- Active user of MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and virtual conference meeting applications (e.g. Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Google Meets).
- High level of initiative, flexibility, and resourcefulness with a drive for efficiency and results.
- A resident of or place of business in Jambi City is preferred.
Interested applicants are requested to apply on or before 3 October 2021 at 5:00 PM; Jakarta time (Western Indonesian Time) by sending the following documents in English to Ms. Rika Lumban Gaol via email address email@example.com and copy firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Expression of interest and confirmation of availability for the consultancy’s duration. Letter should be addressed to Country Manager of ICLEI Indonesia Office; and
- Latest CV and outlining relevant previous work engagements in relation to this consultancy. Previous work engagement must be supported with proof, e.g. project agreement, certificate of completion, website or news article, or project report; and
- Proposed personnel team.
For the complete details, please refer to the Terms of Reference here. For any queries, please contact ICLEI via email address above.