Terms of Reference for the Service Provider
The project requires the services of a solar photovoltaic technology service provider to undertake detailed engineering design, procurement of unit components and other materials, components, installation, testing, and commissioning of a 17.5kW – 22 kW net-metering rooftop solar photovoltaic system, and capacity building training for building structure personnel-in-charge operations and maintenance with relevant local stakeholders (e.g. city and barangay government representatives, building manager, etc.). The services rendered shall ensure that appropriate unit scale and installation are adopted with due consideration to factors such as electricity demand, building location and orientation, roof space, as well as alignment to available international and national standards.
Scope of Work
The following activities will need to be undertaken to help meet the objectives of the project.
Detailed engineering design and structural safety assessment
On-site assessment of the following:
- Civil structure of the building and rooftop
- GHI/sun path tracking/shading analysis
- Energy modeling and simulation of the 17.5kW – 22 kW Solar PV system following the building audit and recommendations of the green building expert
- Assessment of the grid infrastructure and building connection with net-metering system
Submit detailed engineering design for the 17.5kW – 22 kW solar PV based on the results of the assessment for review and approval by ICLEI.
Procurement of unit components and other materials
Procurement of solar equipment for the capacity of 17.5kW – 22 kW not limited to the following:
- Solar panels
- AC-DC or DC-DC converters
- Charge and control boxes
- Balance of the System (BOS) (panel frame structure, nuts, and bolts, cables and wires)
- Security measures (anti-theft bolts)
- Iron frame
- Wires, smart devices, and connections to the national electricity network.
- Any other relevant components that are needed
Set up and installation
- Construction of frames and brackets.
- Installation of the solar photovoltaic system, based on the final approved design.
- Integrate an intelligent monitoring system.
Testing and commissioning (including warranty period)
- 24/7 monitoring and regular maintenance for the first 7 working days after completion
- The contractor will assume full liability for a 10-year performance guarantee.
- The contractor also assumes liability for the manufacturer warranties of the respective system components/parts which shall have no less than a minimum warranty period of 5 years for each component except for the solar panels which shall have a minimum warranty period of 10 years.
Capacity building training for personnel in charge
- Conduct capacity building training for personnel (barangay representative) in charge of maintenance of buildings and facilities on proper use and maintenance of the technology to ensure optimum efficiency.
- Develop and handover operations manual for personnel in charge.
- Establish coordination mechanisms (i.e. focal persons) to facilitate on-site and remote assistance in the operation and troubleshooting of the technology after installation and testing period.
Service provider eligibility
The service provider must provide evidence of:
- Eligible solar photovoltaic (SPV) system service provider, in conformation to relevant national/international standards and regulations;
- Necessary documentation of accreditation from relevant government authorities for the installation of SPV system in the Philippines;
- Prior experience in completed supply, installation, testing, commissioning, and handing over of at least 17.5kW solar PV system in a single order and operational for at least 2 years till the date of application for this project;
- Use of environment-friendly, cost-effective, and genuine equipment and materials from reputable equipment/component suppliers that conform with available and appropriate national and international standards;
- Safety construction solution and overall aesthetics consideration in the design and implementation.
Additionally, advantageous criteria for prospective service providers include:
- Prior work experience in Pasig City;
- Flexibility and a shared vision for the project outcome are essential since the work will be undertaken in close cooperation with the project team members
Proposal requirements, general conditions, and procurement process
The following information must be provided together with the Letter of Interest:
- Certified copy of valid business registration certificate with respective competency required for solar PV system design and installation;
- Certified copy of respective Value-added tax (VAT) registration certificate, and other relevant financial and registration documents required for the organization to operate in the Philippines.
- A portfolio of similar projects previously undertaken including information on the Beneficiary, Capacity of Installation, Contract Value, Date of Commencement, Date of Commissioning, Contact Details.
- Details of tools, tackles, machinery available to perform the work.
- Testing certificates for system components to showcase conformance to applicable international and national standards.
- A detailed CV and proof of certification (i.e. certified technician) of technical personnel to be engaged for this project.
- The bidder shall produce original documents for cross verification as and when requested by ICLEI Southeast Asia.
The following conditions shall apply to this project contract:
- The service provider is not allowed to subcontract other firms(s) to carry out the project.
- The quotation shall be inclusive of all costs including taxes associated with the project. Furthermore, the service provider shall adhere to the following requirements:
- The price quoted shall be fixed and firm and not subjected to any escalation or variation. The price should be inclusive of all transportation, communications, per diem, and installation charges including all required material to successfully complete tasks, duties & taxes, and insurance.
- Bill of materials for the solar PV systems as indicated should be provided along with the price bid.
- ICLEI Southeast Asia reserves the right to add/delete to the final size and components of the SPV systems at the unit rate quoted by the bidder.
- All or any accessories/consumables/items required for satisfactory commissioning of work shall be deemed to be included in the contract and shall be provided by the bidder without extra charges.
- It should be noted that the project is being implemented by ICLEI in partnership with the City Government of Pasig. Hence instructions to bidders will be given by ICLEI Southeast Asia in consultation with Green Solutions and officials of the City Government of Pasig. This also applies in the conduct of electrical and structural safety inspection before, during, and after construction.
- Once the system is installed, commissioned, and operated successfully for 3 months, this will be handed over to Brgy. Sta Rosa, Pasig City as the beneficiary of the system.
- Bidders shall submit bids that satisfy every condition outlined in this Terms of Reference (ToR), failure to do so will make the tender liable to be rejected
The following information shall serve as guidance for prospective bidders:
- Based on the prequalification documents listed, prospective bidders will be shortlisted and will be requested by ICLEI to visit the site after which they shall submit the following documents within seven (7) days from the aforementioned site visit:
- A detailed system design technical proposal taking into consideration the minimum requirements outlined in this Terms of Reference (ToR)
- A work plan with the corresponding timeline and financial proposal/bid duly signed by the bidder.
- Provide analysis of the proposed system’s solar energy generation (i.e. calculation or simulation with system losses and daily/hourly generation).
- The shortlisted bidders are expected to study the existing loads and carry out a concise energy audit to arrive at a recommended capacity of the PV system and submit an initial design report which will ensure appropriate system sizing and selection of system components such as solar panels, BMS, inverters, etc. The decision on the capacity of the system to be installed will be taken in consultation with the City Government of Pasig Officials, Brgy. Sta Rosa Officials, and ICLEI. The ICLEI project team in the Philippines will assist in necessary permissions and access to the sites.
- The submitted system design proposal, work plan, and financial bid, together with the prequalification documents, shall be the basis for the overall evaluation of proposals and bids and subsequently the selection of the preferred/winning bidder.
- The selected bidder shall submit a revised detailed work plan (if necessary) while submitting the initial system design report which gives details about the procurement of system components and the installation.
Closing date for submission of proposals
Kindly submit your system design proposal, work plan, and financial bid. As much as can be provided, certifications, and other supporting documents. Submissions should be made via e-mail to Mr. Ricardo Marfiga Jr. <firstname.lastname@example.org> and Ms. Kristianne Jemi Santos <email@example.com> until 16 October 2020. For any queries related to submission, please contact via the email address above. The consultant is expected to commence work on 03 November 2020.
Read full terms of reference here.