Our office in Quezon City is looking for a module development expert to develop modules from Pasig City’s public consultation results on low emission development strategies as part of Ambitious City Promises (ACP) project.
The Ambitious City Promises (ACP) is a 3.5-year international project which aims to support selected large cities in Indonesia, the Philippines and Vietnam to establish strong greenhouse gas (GHG) reduction commitments, local climate action plans directed by concrete targets, enhanced multi-stakeholder engagement and integrated strategies. The ACP project has the overall objective of contributing to ambitious GHG mitigation targets at the national level through their own ambitious mitigation plans and activities (called the “City Promise”).
The ACP project is implemented by ICLEI – Local Governments for Sustainability in close cooperation with the Seoul Metropolitan Government (SMG). In 2015, SMG launched the “Promise of Seoul,” a comprehensive strategy and climate action plan which also includes a strong citizen engagement component. Under this plan, SMG committed to reduce 20 million tCO2e by 2030. Through the ACP, selected cities in Southeast Asia will adapt this model of inclusive, ambitious climate action, mainstreaming low emission development strategies (LEDS) and creating new climate leaders. The project is funded by the Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation, and Nuclear Safety (BMU) through the International Climate Initiative (IKI) Program.
Project activities in Pasig City include but are not limited to review of local plans and programs vis-à-vis climate change mitigation synergies; updating of community-level GHG inventory; and consultations with the LGU and relevant local stakeholders. These activities all led to the development of a City Promise–a comprehensive climate action plan that was formulated with the people’s interests and priorities at its core.
One of the key activities of the project is the series of public consultations held to solicit inputs from Pasig City’s citizens and stakeholders to the City Promise. Based on the reports of the public consultations, the consultant is expected to develop a set of modules for the citizens and stakeholders of Pasig City.
This consultancy’s overall objective is to support the ACP Team, in coordination with Pasig City, in developing a set of modules for citizens and stakeholders of Pasig City on stakeholder engagement and LEDS. Specifically, the capacity building expert is expected to support the following areas:
- Review of the public consultation reports to provide recommendations on key concepts to discuss in the modules;
- Develop a set of modules to highlight learnings and success stories on the use of inclusive and participatory stakeholder engagement towards low emission development; and
- Assist in the packaging and reproduction of the modules.
Duration and Location
The expected output of this consultancy must be completed within two months, from August to September 2020. Consultant may work from home but might have to attend in-person meetings scheduled with the City Government of Pasig.
Expected Output and Tasks
At the end of the consultancy period, the consultant should have been able to deliver the following:
- Content outline of modules based on the public consultation reports;
- Three (3) modules on highlight learnings and success stories on the use of inclusive and participatory stakeholder engagement towards low emission development; and
- A pretesting assessment with target audiences, or similar demographics, to vet the developed modules and to further enhance prior to finalization and printing.
- A local individual consultant with an advanced degree in environmental science/management, urban and regional planning, education, development communication, or related fields;
- At least five years of experience in developing and facilitating community-based capacity building activities in support to development-related projects and activities;
- Demonstrated experience on crafting modules for specific target audience and conveys technical subject matter into a popularized manner;
- Experience working with various sectors in the capacity of a trainer or educator;
- Experience with international and/or bilateral/multilateral development institutions would be an advantage, as well as prior work in advisory/consulting with local government;
- Experience working with high level public and private sector counterparts, highly desirable;
- Excellent presentation as well as oral and written communication skills; and
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc) and G Suite (Gmail, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Forms) applications.
The consultant will report directly to the Country Liaison Officer and Communications Officer of the Ambitious City Promises (ACP) project in the Philippines. S/he will also be coordinating with the City Environment and Natural Resources Office (CENRO) and/or Office of the City Mayor of Pasig City.
Interested individuals are requested to apply before 30 July 2020 by sending the following documents to Mr. Cheng Pagulayan via e-mail address email@example.com with the subject “Module Developer – Last Name”.
- Expression of Interest and confirmation of availability for the consultancy’s duration;
- Portfolio of modules developed;
- Latest CV; and
- Professional fees requested including details of the budget and time frame per task corresponding with the required deliverables.
For any queries regarding this Terms of Reference, please contact ICLEI Southeast Asia via email address above or at +63 917 301 2229.
We regret that because of the volume of applications we receive, we are not able to give status updates on individual applications, but if you are shortlisted, you will be contacted directly for an interview schedule. However, if we think that your skills and qualifications may be suitable for other similar positions, we may hold your details on our database and contact you in the future.
Read the full terms of reference here.