Our office in Quezon City, Philippines is looking for an Information, Education, and Communications (IEC) Campaigns Coordinator to support in the implementation of the Ambitious City Promises (ACP) project activities in Pasig City.
This consultancy’s overall objective is to support the ACP Team, in coordination with Pasig City, in developing and implementing IEC campaigns and program to support the implementation of the capacity building project for the youth groups in Pasig City as well as the infrastructure pilot project. Specifically, the IEC Coordinator will:
- Craft an IEC plan based on the objectives stipulated on the soft pilot project proposal and work plan that effectively promotes both the soft pilot and infrastructure pilot projects, documents the highlights emanating from it, and captures knowledge generated from key points of the activity;
- Develop a set of IEC materials to support the goals of the capacity building program and the infrastructure pilot project, generate reach and clout for the activities, and package highlights and learning points in different media and platforms; and
- Support the IEC plan with a monitoring and evaluation framework to carefully assess whether the IEC activities have been effective in achieving desired goals.
Duration and Location
The project must be completed within a period of six months, from July to December 2020.
Expected Output and Tasks
At the end of the consultancy period, the consultant should have been able to deliver the following:
- A needs assessment activity design that will be implemented with key youth representatives, city officials, and project partners to surface guidelines and preferences in developing the IEC plan;
- A set of IEC materials designed to support the promotion of the capacity building activities and the infrastructure pilot project, capture highlights and learning points, and package these into different media and platforms that will appeal to the target audience segments; and
- A prescribed monitoring and evaluation plan to support the team in assessing if the IEC materials have been effective in achieving the goals set above.
- A local individual consultant with an advanced degree in development communication, mass communication, social marketing, environmental science/management, education, and related fields;
- At least 5 years of experience in developing and implementing IEC plans as support to development-related projects and activities;
- Experience working with the youth sector;
- Experience with international and/or bilateral/multilateral development institutions would be an advantage, as well as prior work in advisory/consulting with local government;
- Experience working with high level public and private sector counterparts is highly desirable;
- Excellent presentation as well as oral and written communication skills;
- Proficiency in visual design software programs (Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Premiere, etc) is a must; and
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc) and G Suite (Gmail, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Forms) applications.
The consultant will report directly to the Country Liaison Officer and Communications Officer of the Ambitious City Promises (ACP) project in the Philippines. S/he will also be coordinating with the City Environment and Natural Resources Office (CENRO) and/or Office of the City Mayor of Pasig City.
Interested individuals are requested to apply before 17 July 2020 by sending the following documents to Mr. Cheng Pagulayan via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Expression of Interest and confirmation of availability for the consultancy’s duration;
- Latest CV;
- Professional portfolio; and
- Work and Budget Plan (Professional fees requested including details of the budget and time frame per task corresponding with the required deliverables).
For any queries regarding this Terms of Reference, please contact ICLEI Southeast Asia via email address above or at +63 917 301 2229.
Read full ToR here.