Our office in Quezon City, Philippines is looking for a Capacity Building Expert to support in the implementation of the Ambitious City Promises (ACP) project activities in Pasig City.
This consultancy’s overall objective is to support the ACP Team, in coordination with Pasig City, in developing a capacity building program to train the SK Officials as active and knowledgeable advocates of sustainable and low emission development at the city level. Specifically, the capacity building expert is expected to support the following areas:
- Craft a capacity building program based on the learning objectives stipulated on the soft pilot project proposal and work plan that adheres to the principles of distance learning and makes good use of available technologies to efficiently deliver the subject matter across the target audience;
- Develop a set of modules to be administered in accordance to the capacity building program; the modules should be developed with due consideration to the target audience and the principles of distance learning; and
- Formulate a roll-out program to support the trained SK Officials as they become trainers and resource speakers for their community members themselves.
Duration and Location
The project must be completed within a period of six months, from July to December 2020.
Expected Output and Tasks
- At the end of the consultancy period, the consultant should have been able to deliver the following:
- A training needs assessment to appraise and assess the knowledge gaps of SK Officials in terms of low emission development, climate crisis, and relevant concepts;
- A set of modules aligned with the principles of distance learning and the results of the training needs assessment;
- A pretesting assessment to vet the developed modules and to further enhance prior to finalization and printing;
- A capacity building program and schedule for SK Representatives from Pasig City’s 30 barangays and a summary report of the highlights of this training series. The Consultant is expected to conduct the capacity building program in coordination with ICLEI SEAS and Pasig City; and
- A prescribed monitoring and evaluation plan to support the team in assessing if learning goals associated with the capacity building program have been met.
- A local individual consultant with an advanced degree in environmental science/management, urban and regional planning, education, development communication, and related fields;
- At least 5 years of experience in developing and facilitating community-based capacity building activities in support to development-related projects and activities;
- Experience working with the youth sector in the capacity of a trainer or educator;
- Experience with international and/or bilateral/multilateral development institutions would be an advantage, as well as prior work in advisory/consulting with local government;
- Experience working with high level public and private sector counterparts, highly desirable;
- Excellent presentation as well as oral and written communication skills; and
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc) and G Suite (Gmail, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Forms) applications.
The consultant will report directly to the Country Liaison Officer and Communications Officer of the Ambitious City Promises (ACP) project in the Philippines. S/he will also be coordinating with the City Environment and Natural Resources Office (CENRO) and/or Office of the City Mayor of Pasig City.
Interested individuals are requested to apply before 17 July 2020 by sending the following documents to Mr. Cheng Pagulayan via e-mail address email@example.com:
- Expression of Interest and confirmation of availability for the consultancy’s duration;
- Latest CV; and
- Work and Budget Plan (Professional fees requested including details of the budget and time frame per task corresponding with the required deliverables).
For any queries regarding this Terms of Reference, please contact ICLEI Southeast Asia via email address above or at +63 917 301 2229.
Read full Terms of Reference here.