The Project Officer for 100% RE Project shall work closely with ICLEI Indonesia Country Manager and ICLEI SEAS’ Regional Director in effectively and efficiently implementing the activities and tasks assigned to attain the goals and objectives of the project. The job holder will also be responsible for overseeing the project work plan performance, participating in project planning, budgeting, and monitoring and reporting project progress.
- Support the Country Manager in the day-to-day management of the activities and workload of Yayasan ICLEI Indonesia.
- Coordinate matters related to the 100% RE project and assist in other tasks related to other projects implemented in Indonesia.
- Support Yayasan ICLEI Indonesia in the conceptualization, development, and implementation of projects and research activities in Indonesia.
- Perform other tasks as may be assigned related to office operations and other projects.
Project Coordination and Support
- Provide inputs, assistance, and recommendations for technical components of the project such as the development of RE and EE strategies, assessment of local capacity needs and energy profile and potential, development of local solution packages, national policy recommendations to support energy transition, and development of financeable RE projects.
- Ensure the coordination and implementation of work packages under the relevant project. Update project schedules and ensure all necessary parties are aware of project deadlines and deliverables are met.
- Organize meetings, inform necessary parties of deadlines, write workflow procedures, and train project staff.
- Liaise with local governments, partners, and funding agencies to identify and define project requirements, scope, and objectives.
- Document multi-stakeholder workshops, meetings, and other activities organized under the project.
- In close coordination with the Country Manager, lead the drafting of progress reports (ICLEI and IKI templates), providing examples of project impacts, feeding into briefing write-ups, and communicating with funder representatives. Financial reporting includes the internal reporting of expenses, travel, subsistent, and other costs incurred by the project team.
- Assist in mobilizing city representatives for relevant national and international project activities.
- Conduct relevant research as may be required by the project. Provide inputs on developing methodology for successful exchange and dissemination strategies to satellite cities.
Administration and Logistics
- Provide logistical support in the conduct of workshops and meetings (e.g., identification of venue, preparation of attendance sheets, coordination with suppliers, etc.).
- Prepare budget planning, cash advances, and liquid reports for project activities.
- Prepare project technical activity report in coordination with the National Program Coordinator.
- Ensure that relevant administrative documents are filed and submitted accordingly to the finance team.
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree in energy, energy-economics, sustainability, political science, environmental science/ management, urban and regional planning, development studies, or other relevant degrees; or a combination of relevant education and experience. A Masteral Degree would be an advantage; and
- Indonesian nationality or have been working in a similar field in Indonesia for three (3) to five (5) years. Must be able to secure legal requirements to work in Indonesia.
- At least three (3) years of working experiences in the sectors of energy, sustainable development, and climate change;
- Excellent command of Indonesian and English language, both written and spoken;
- Excellent organizational, research, writing, presentation, and communication skills;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Excel, Words, and PowerPoint) is a must;
- Proficiency in visual design applications is an advantage;
- Knowledge of national and local energy plans, energy governance, sustainable development, national and local development planning, and climate action planning, and national and local government operational frameworks/processes is an advantage; and
- Previous volunteering/ internship experience in development work or related work for local/ national government institutions, NGOs, the private sector is important;
- Demonstrates commitment to ICLEI’s vision, mission, and values;
- Ability to work in an international environment independently and proactively, and has the willingness to learn;
- Creative, passionate in sustainable development, self-motivated, with keen attention to details and is highly organized;
- Demonstrates intellectual and social flexibility. Has the ability to manage a high volume of tasks without compromising quality and activity timelines. Is capable of managing workload;
- Must be willing and be able to travel domestically and internationally;
- Must be able to prioritize and manage tasks. Possess self-management skills and emotional intelligence; and
- Addresses conflicts proactively, striving for mutually acceptable solutions. Ability to work independently with minimum supervision and as a part of a dynamic group in a multicultural environment.
Please submit a Cover Letter that demonstrates your experiences, qualifications, salary expectation, and case why you feel you would be the right choice for this position, along with your latest CV, completed Key Selection Criteria Response Form, and other supporting documents (Certificate of Education, Certificate of Work, etc.).
View full ToR here.
Please send all materials in a pdf document in an email with the subject “100%RE_PO – [your name]” no later than 18.00 WIB on Monday/ 10 April 2020, to firstname.lastname@example.org.