We are looking for a full stack web developer to lead the development of the stakeholder engagement platform for the Ambitious City Promises project implementation in Hanoi, Vietnam.
ABOUT AMBITIOUS CITY PROMISES PROJECT
The Ambitious City Promises: Commitments for low-carbon urban development in Southeast Asian large cities is a 3.5-year international project being implemented by ICLEI – Local Governments for Sustainability with support from the International Climate Initiative (IKI) of the German Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation, and Nuclear Safety (BMU).
The project aims to support selected large cities in Indonesia, the Philippines and Vietnam to establish strong greenhouse gas (GHG) reduction commitments, local climate action plans directed by concrete targets, enhanced multi-stakeholder engagement and integrated strategies. “City Promises” (city’s Local Climate Change Action Plan) will be developed in three model cities and the implementation of these plans will be outlined and initiated. Throughout the project period, each local government will design locally-appropriate targets and action plans on the basis of their development framework and priorities.
In Vietnam, the project works with Hanoi City, Soc Son district and Son Tay district. In August 2019, ICLEI Southeast Asia successfully completed a round of public consultations in Hanoi City. These community-based engagements surfaced insights and opinions regarding climate action; particularly the lifestyle changes that residents of Hanoi are able and willing to pledge and commit to as a way to support the city’s pursuit of low emission development.
In order to serve a two-pronged goal of capturing these pledges from the citizens and presenting up-to-date and compelling information about climate change, low emission development, energy efficiency, solid waste management, sustainable transportation, and others, the project team and Hanoi City seeks to develop an online stakeholder engagement platform. This platform is envisioned to be simple, functional, and appealing to Hanoi citizens. It should also be supported with a robust database to ensure that all pledges are collected along with all of the data shared by the user.
SCOPE OF WORK
The following activities will need to be undertaken in order to help meet the objectives of the project.
- Develop the wireframe with the project team; ensure that user experience and user interface are responsive and interactive
Design and Layout
- Lead the development of the platform’s visual elements particularly the layout of the platform itself
- Deliver the visual design package, including raw files (EPS, PSD, INDD, XD, SVG, SKETCH, and others) that will be used on the site and other materials related to the platform’s branding
- Ensure that design and layout effectively visualize the content and demonstrate the platform’s functionality
- In coordination with the project team, collect and curate relevant elements such as photos, logos, and icons
- Present the design and layout for the approval of the project team (The project team is entitled to two rounds of review: one round once the consultant has presented the design plan and another one once the visual elements have been assembled and completed).
 ICLEI will assume ownership of all design files including drafts and raw files (EPS, PSD, INDD, XD, SVG, SKETCH, etc). The Consultant should turnover all materials to the project team after the platform’s launch.
- Lead the backend development of the platform
- Identify a suitable Content Management System (WordPress is preferred)
- Ensure indexing and SEO (includes keyword plan and metatags for Google Analytics)
Testing, Review, and Delivery
- Ensure that all pages of the platform have been tested for full functionality
- Lead the final regression ahead of the beta test
- Lead the beta test of the platform with select project team members and Hanoi City representatives
- Implement any additional edits or changes based on the results of the beta test
- Lead the platform’s launch and provide assistance for any bugs encountered during
Note: ICLEI will own the copyright of the platform, its visual design, and all related elements.
Maintenance and Updating
- Provide maintenance support for the first five months
- Lead and develop a capacity-building/turnover workshop for platform administrators
SERVICE PROVIDER REQUIREMENTS
The successful service provider must provide evidence of:
- A portfolio of similar work completed for the last three years
- Business registration, business permits (city, district), receipt, and other proof of eligibility
- At least five years of experience as backend developer
- Experience in developing and implementing custom and complex WordPress websites
- Hands-on modern VN and knowledge of VN front-end frameworks such as Symfony
- Proficient with popular JS application frameworks such as Angular, Vue, React, Node, and Ember
- Excellent working and demonstrated knowledge of HTML, CSS, Jquery, and experience with responsive design and development
- Ability to write secure and clean code and documentation
- Experience in editing WordPress plugins
- Excellent knowledge of MySQL
- Good communication skills
- Ability to conduct performance debugging, benchmarking, and able to identify resolutions
- Experience working with nonprofit organizations
REPORTING REQUIREMENTS AND MANAGEMENT
- The expert will report to Ms. Val Bugnot, Communications Officer of ICLEI Southeast Asia Secretariat and Ms. Hoang Thi Huong Giang, Country Liaison Officer of Vietnam – ICLEI Southeast Asia.
- Regular meetings/calls to report on progress on specific tasks and deliverables will be required.
- Payment of the service provider will be contingent on the timely submission of deliverables listed in this term of references.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE PROPOSAL
- A proposal based on the Scope of Work (proposal should have the following attachments: Work Plan and Budget Plan)
- CV of team members, organizational profile, and organogram
- Portfolio of previous relevant work for the past three years
To apply, please submit a Cover Letter that demonstrates your experience, qualifications, and proposed professional fee (including number of mandays) along with your latest CV.
Please send all materials in one PDF via email with subject “Consultant: Full Stack Web Developer (Vietnam)” to email@example.com (copy furnish firstname.lastname@example.org). Applicants who do not comply with the instructions will not be considered. Applications will be assessed based on a rolling basis and interested parties are encouraged to send their applications as soon as possible.
Please use English for all communications. Only successful candidates will be contacted. No phone call is entertained. For more information about ICLEI Southeast Asia Secretariat, visit https://icleiseas.org/.
Download full ToR here.