We are looking for a full stack web developer to lead the development of the stakeholder engagement platform for the Ambitious City Promises project implementation in Jakarta, Indonesia.
About the Ambitious City Promises project
The Ambitious City Promises: Commitments for low-carbon urban development in Southeast Asian large cities is a 3.5-year international project being implemented by ICLEI – Local Governments for Sustainability with support from the International Climate Initiative (IKI) of the German Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation, and Nuclear Safety (BMU).
The project aims to support selected large cities in Indonesia, the Philippines and Vietnam to establish strong greenhouse gas (GHG) reduction commitments, local climate action plans directed by concrete targets, enhanced multi-stakeholder engagement and integrated strategies. “City Promises” (city’s Local Climate Change Action Plan) shall be developed in three model cities and their implementation shall be outlined and initiated. Throughout the project period, each local government will design locally-appropriate targets and action plans on the basis of their development framework and priorities.
In Indonesia, the project works with DKI Jakarta, Tangerang, and Bekasi1. In 2019, Yayasan ICLEI Indonesia has successfully completed a round of public consultations in Jakarta to develop City Promises. These community-based engagements surfaced insights and opinions regarding climate action; particularly the lifestyle changes that residents of Jakarta are able and willing to pledge and commit to as a way to support the city’s pursuit of low emission development.
In order to serve a two-pronged goal of capturing these pledges from the citizens and presenting up to date and compelling information about climate change, low emission development, energy efficiency, sustainable transportation, solid waste management, and others, the project team and Provincial Government of Jakarta seeks to develop an online stakeholder engagement platform. This platform is envisioned to be simple, functional, and appealing to the stakeholders of DKI Jakarta. It should also be supported with a robust database to ensure that all pledges are collected along with all of the data shared by the user
Scope of Work
The following activities will need to be undertaken in order to help meet the objectives of the project.
- Develop the wireframe with the project team; ensure that user experience and user interface are responsive and interactive.
Design and Layout
- Lead the development of the platform’s visual elements particularly the layout of the platform itself;
- Deliver the visual design package, including raw files (EPS, PSD, INDD, XD, SVG, SKETCH, and others) that will be used on the site and other material related to the platform’s branding;
- Ensure that design and layout effectively visualize the content and demonstrate the platform’s functionality;
- In coordination with the project team, collect and curate relevant elements such as photos, logos and icons; and
- Present the design and layout for the approval of the project team (The project team is entitled to two rounds of review: one round once the consultant has presented the design plan and another one once the visual elements have been assembled and completed).
- Lead the backend development of the platform;
- Identify a suitable Content Management System (WordPress is preferred); and
- Ensure indexing and SEO (includes keyword plan and metatags for Google Analytics).
Testing, Review, and Delivery
- Ensure that all pages of the platform have been tested for full compatibility and functionality (for desktop and mobile);
- Lead the final regression ahead of the beta test;
- Lead the beta test of the platform with select project team members and Jakarta representatives;
- Implement any additional edits or changes based on the results of the beta test; and
- Lead the platform’s launch and provide assistance for any bugs encountered during.
Note: ICLEI will own the copyright of the platform, its visual design, and all related elements.
Maintenance and Updating
- Provide maintenance support for the first six months; and
- Lead and develop a capacity-building/turnover workshop for platform administrators
Service provider requirements
The successful service provider must provide evidence of:
- A portfolio of similar work completed for the last three years;
- Business license (SIUP) for company, National ID Card (KTP) and Tax Identification Number (NPWP) for individual, National ID Card (KTP) and Tax Identification Number (NPWP) of the leader for groups, and other proof of eligibility;
- At least five years of experience as backend developer;
- Experience in developing and implementing custom and complex WordPress websites;
- Hands-on modern PHP and knowledge of PHP front-end frameworks such as Symfony;
- Proficient with popular JS application frameworks such as Angular, Vue, React, Node, and Ember;
- Excellent working and demonstrated knowledge of HTML, CSS, Jquery, and experience with responsive design and development;
- Ability to write secure and clean code and documentation;
- Experience in editing WordPress plugins;
- Excellent knowledge of MySQL;
- Good communication skills;
- Ability to conduct performance debugging, benchmarking, and able to identify resolutions; and
- Experience working with nonprofit organizations.
Reporting requirements and management
- The expert will report to Mr. Selamet Daroyni, Project Officer for Ambitious City Promises (ACP) Project of Yayasan ICLEI Indonesia and the activities in Jakarta will be implemented in close collaboration with Ms. Happy Tiara Asvita, Project Assistant for Ambitious City Promises (ACP) Project of Yayasan ICLEI Indonesia, Ms. Dhyanayu L. Almitra, Communications Officer of Yayasan ICLEI Indonesia, and Ms. Val Bugnot, Communications Officer of ICLEI Southeast Asia Secretariat. The expert shall also liaise with representatives of the ICLEI World Secretariat;
- Regular meetings/calls to report on progress on specific tasks and deliverables will be required; and
- Payment of the service provider will be contingent on the timely submissions of deliverables listed in this term of references.
Requirements for the proposal
The following information must be provided in the proposal:
- Letter of Intent addressed to Selamet Daroyni, Project Officer for Ambitious City Promises (ACP) Project of Yayasan ICLEI Indonesia;
- A proposal based on the Scope of Work (proposal should have the following attachments: Work Plan and Budget Plan);
- CV of team members, organizational profile, organogram for company; CV of team members for group; and CV for individual; and
- Portfolio of previous relevant work for the past three year.
To apply, please submit a Letter of Intent that demonstrates your experience, qualifications, and proposed professional fee along with your latest CV, proposal (work and budget plan), portfolio and supporting documents
Please send all materials in one PDF document via email with subject “Consultant: Full Stack Web Developer (Indonesia)” to email@example.com with CC to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Monday, 30 March 2020
For any queries related to submission, please contact Yayasan ICLEI Indonesia via the e-mail address above.
Please use English for all communications. Only successful candidates will be contacted. Due to the volume of applications being received, our office would not be able to entertain phone calls. For more information about ICLEI Southeast Asia Secretariat and ICLEI Indonesia Office, visit https://icleiseas.org/.
Download full ToR here.