We are looking for an Information, Education, and Communication (IEC) Coordinator who will lead the development of IEC materials for the ACCELERATE project.
ABOUT the ACCELERATE PROJECT
Active City-Community Engagement to Leverage Emissions Reduction through Activities that Transform Energy-use (ACCELERATE) is a one-year project awarded by the Sustainable Lifestyles and Education (SLE) programme of the One Planet Network to ICLEI – Local Governments for Sustainability. The project is jointly implemented by the ICLEI World Secretariat and ICLEI Southeast Asia Secretariat in Pasig and Parañaque in the Philippines.
Buildings are responsible for one-third of global energy demand and one-quarter of global greenhouse gas emissions. Recognizing the potential in building efficiency, the Philippines enacted the Philippines Green Building Code (PGBC) in 2015. The code will be used as a reference to enhance the National Building Code of the Philippines which lays down standards on all aspects of building construction, to ensure safety and integrity. The PGBC aims to improve the efficiency of building performance through environmental design and resource management standards that will save operational costs and result in low-carbon buildings.
ACCELERATE aims to strengthen sustainable consumption and production of energy-use patterns in Pasig and Parañaque by enhancing the implementation of the PGBC and improving Energy Efficiency & Conservation (EE&C) across the board by inspiring action from the private sector and local communities.
The project will address the gaps in knowledge, capacity, and awareness of the different stakeholders on building standards, benchmarking tools, energy audits, and implementing EE&C practices as part of their compliance with the PGBC.
The Information and Education Campaign (IEC) Coordinator is crucial to the project to effectively communicate the necessity and benefits of practicing EE&C to the stakeholders at the community and business sector levels.
SCOPE OF WORK
The following activities will need to be undertaken in order to help meet the objectives of the project.
Design and Layout
- Lead the development of the Information and Education Campaign (IEC) materials particularly leaflets, brochures, and the guidebook.
- In coordination with the project team, collect and curate relevant elements such as photos, logos, and icons to be used on the IEC materials.
- Deliver the visual design package, including raw files (EPS, PSD, INDD, XD, SVG, SKETCH, and others) that will be used on the materials.
- Ensure that design and layout effectively visualize the content and convey the information to the target audience.
- Present the design and layout for the approval of the project team (The project team is entitled to two rounds of review: one round once the consultant has presented the design plan and another one once the visual elements have been assembled and completed).
Testing, Review, and Delivery
- Develop, prepare, and conduct a needs assessment workshop to ensure that all the content and design of the campaign materials addresses the capacity and information needs of the target audience
- Pilot test the draft campain materials on the target audience and revise the content as needed
- Prepare the final version of the materials for publication and printing
SERVICE PROVIDER REQUIREMENTS
The successful service provider must provide evidence of:
- A portfolio of similar work completed for the last three years
- At least three years of experience as an IEC developer or coordinator
- Excellent working and demonstrated knowledge of energy efficiency and conservation, sustainability, urban development, and related concepts
- Excellent communication and project management skills
- Experience working with nonprofit organizations
REPORTING REQUIREMENTS AND MANAGEMENT
- The expert will report to Mr. Jose Bernardo Gochoco III, Project Officer of ICLEI Southeast Asia Secretariat and the activities will be implemented in close collaboration with Ms. Val Bugnot, Communications Officer of ICLEI Southeast Asia Secretariat.
- Regular meetings/calls to report on progress on specific tasks and deliverables will be required.
- The payment of the service provider will be contingent on the timely submission and acceptance of deliverables listed in this term of reference.
REQUIREMENTS OF THE PROPOSAL
- Letter of Intent addressed to Mr. Jose Bernardo Gochoco III, Project Officer of ICLEI SEAS.
- A proposal based on the Scope of Work (the proposal should have the following attachments: Work Plan and Budget Plan)
- Updated CV
- Portfolio of previous relevant work for the past three years
Download ToR here.