Our office in the Philippines is looking for an expert on local green building ordinances to implement activities that will spur the development of Santa Rosa City’s Local Green Building Code.
ABOUT THE CONSULTANCY
The consultancy’s overall objective is to implement activities that will spur the development of Santa Rosa City’s Local Green Building Code. This consultancy is not intended to result to the Code itself, but the activities are envisioned to shape the Local Green Building Code and other green building activities that Santa Rosa will implement. ICLEI SEAS through BEA will provide support for the completion of activities covered in this consultancy project.
Specifically, this consultancy project is intended to cover the following; however, the consultant is free to propose additional activities and their design but must be within the allotted budget and project duration:
- Conduct an inventory of existing national and local policies and programs relative to green building and building efficiency;
- Conduct a review of existing environmental guidelines and programs in relation to green building;
- Conduct an analysis of current and projected building types in Santa Rosa City;
- Capacitate the city of Santa Rosa to undertake entity-level building energy audit;
- Conduct activities for the Santa Rosa City’s government personnel, officials, and/or building industry stakeholders to undertake entity-level building energy audit; and
- Design and conduct at least two (2) stakeholder consultations, the outputs of which must contribute to developing Santa Rosa’s Local Green Building Code. The targeted stakeholders are building owners and/or managers. It will serve as a dialogue between the City Government of Santa Rosa and stakeholders who would most likely be affected with the implementation of the Green Building Code in the future.
DURATION AND LOCATION
Due to its urgency, the project must be completed within 01 November to 31 January 2020.
- A local individual consultant or firm or university-affiliated foundation/organization is required for this consultancy;
- Individual consultants must have an advanced degree in electrical or civil engineering, green architecture, urban planning, or other related fields, and at least five years of relevant professional experience on green building or building efficiency and building energy audit preferably with local governments.
- Firms must be a legal entity in the Philippines and should have previous work experience on green building and building energy audit or its team members must have previous work experience on policymaking in relation to green building/building efficiency and building energy audit.
- Familiarity with different green building certification system/standards (such as LEED, BERDE, etc.);
- Significant hands-on experience in the field of building design, building energy efficiency and green buildings;
- Experience with international and/or bilateral/multilateral development institutions would be an advantage, as well as prior work in advisory/consulting with local governments, non-government organizations, and international organizations;
- Excellent presentation as well as oral and written communication skills; and
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications and tools/software on stakeholder mapping and analysis.
REPORTING REQUIREMENTS AND MANAGEMENT
The consultant will report directly to Regional Program Manager of ICLEI Southeast Asia and BEA Coordinator of ICLEI Southeast Asia. S/he will also be coordinating with the City Environment and Natural Resources (CENRO) of Santa Rosa, Laguna.
Interested individuals/firms are requested to apply before 30 October 2019 by sending the following documents to Ms. Nikki Ortiz via firstname.lastname@example.org
- Expression of Interest and confirmation of availability for the consultancy’s duration;
- Latest CV (if an individual); one-page company profile and CVs of team members (if firm);
- Proposed budget including professional fees and time frame per task corresponding with the required deliverables;
- Two-page summary outlining previous work engagements in relation to this consultancy.
For any queries, please contact ICLEI Southeast Asia via email address above or at (632) 426-0851.
Access the full ToR here.