Our office is looking for a consultant to facilitate and develop the Regional Strategic Action Plan of ICLEI – Local Governments for Sustainability Southeast Asia Secretariat.
About the Consultancy
At the ICLEI World Congress in Montréal, local and regional leaders developed and agreed upon the ICLEI Montréal Commitment and Strategic Vision to guide them through 2024. It lays out five interconnected pathways for change, demonstrating their commitment to low emission, nature-based, circular, resilient, and equitable and people-centered development. Through these pathways, the ICLEI network collectively drives sustainable urban development worldwide.
Following this progress, ICLEI Southeast Asia Secretariat (ICLEI SEAS) set out to develop a Regional Strategic Action Plan which responds to the region’s needs and priorities; viewed through the lens of the five development pathways. The Regional Action Plan will lay out the priorities and action points of the Secretariat to continuously expand its body of work and build on its capacities. The plan will be supported by country-specific strategies which will be implemented by the respective country offices.
To develop the Regional Action Plan, the Secretariat desires to conduct a regional strategic planning workshop with all staff from all of ICLEI SEAS’ country offices.
This consultancy requires the services of an individual who can take the lead in designing the methodology of the workshop. The Consultant will lead the facilitation and documentation of the workshop and will also work on the analysis and development of the Regional Strategic Plan in coordination with key staff and leaders of ICLEI SEAS.
Scope of Work
The following activities will need to be undertaken in order to help meet the objectives of the Regional Strategic Planning Workshop.
Development of Design and Methodology of the Strategic Planning Workshop
- Conduct pre-interviews with key leaders and staff of ICLEI SEAS to gather information relevant to the design and methodology of the Strategic Planning Workshop
- Review the relevant publications and reports as basis for the design and methodology of the strategic planning workshop (i.e. ICLEI in the Urban Era, Annual Reports of ICLEI SEAS, results of previous strategic planning workshops, etc.)
- Develop pre-workshop activities for country teams in the Philippines, Indonesia, Vietnam, and Lao PDR according to the results of pre-interviews conducted
- Develop the design and methodology for the Strategic Planning Workshop in coordination and consultation with the Communications Team of ICLEI SEAS
Facilitation of Strategic Planning Workshop
- Lead the preparation of materials required for the workshop in coordination with the Communications Team
- Facilitate the flow of activities and sessions of the workshop efficiently and effectively engage all participants during the discussions
- Lead the overall facilitation and secretariat work (i.e., registration, documentation) tasks of the workshop
Analysis of Results and Development of the Regional Strategic Action Plan
- Present first draft of Regional Strategic Plan based on the results of Strategic Planning Workshop to relevant ICLEI SEAS leaders and staff
- Revise the draft according to comments and suggestions arising from the first review
- Finalize results of Regional Strategic Action Plan and submit the final document to ICLEI SEAS
- Must possess a Bachelor’s Degree relevant to the job i.e. Organizational Development, Psychology, Public Management, Community Development, and other relevant degrees
- Demonstrated experience in using methodologies in crafting an organization’s strategic plan and vision
- Ability to facilitate workshops in a multicultural setting
- Previous experience in development work or related work for donor organizations, government institutions, NGOs, private sector/consulting firm is an advantage.
Reporting requirements and management
- The individual will work closely with Mr. Victorino Aquitania, Regional Director of ICLEI Southeast Asia Secretariat with the assistance of the Communications Team in developing and implementing the Strategic Planning Workshop.
- Regular meetings/calls to report on progress of specific tasks and deliverables will be required.
- Payment of the consultant will be contingent on the timely submission of deliverables listed in this term of references.
Requirements for the proposal
- Letter of Intent addressed to Mr. Victorino Aquitania, Regional Director of ICLEI Southeast Asia.
- A proposal based on the Scope of Work (proposal should have the following attachments: Work Plan and Budget Plan)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Portfolio of previous relevant work for the past three years
To apply, please submit a Cover Letter that demonstrates your experience, qualifications, and proposed professional fee (including number of mandays) along with your latest CV.
Please send all materials in one PDF via email with subject “Consultant: Development of Regional Strategic Plan” no later than 30 September 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants who do not comply with the instructions will not be considered.
Please use English for all communications. Only successful candidates will be contacted. No phone call is entertained. For more information about ICLEI Southeast Asia Secretariat, visit icleiseas.org.
Read the full ToR here.