We are looking for a Project Assistant to assist with the implementation of Urban LEDS II in Lao PDR. The contract position is available beginning May 2018 until March 2021. The Project Assistant will support the implementation of Urban-LEDS 2 activities in Lao PDR including coordination work with cities, national ministries, and other relevant stakeholders.
- Assist the Project Officer in implementing Urban-LEDS II project activities
- Assist in setting up meetings and workshops with cities and national government, and other requirements as need arises
- Assist in the preparation of technical reports as required by ICLEI Southeast Asia and World Secretariat
- Assist in generating communications materials, website content etc.
- Provide translation support of Lao materials to English
- Participate in dialogues with national government and other key stakeholders
- Prepare reports to ICLEI SEAS designated focal person, as need arises
- Perform other tasks relevant to the project
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science, Urban Planning, Energy, or other related fields.
- Lao PDR nationality
- Two to three years’ experience in project management and implementation, stakeholder engagement, and strategic planning
- Expertise in local development planning with focus on policy development, climate action planning, energy and transport, and other related topics
- A sound understanding of sustainable development and climate change in the city government context
- Extensive experience working with cities in Lao PDR
- Good knowledge of local, provincial and national government systems
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Good research skills
- Excellent writing, presentation and communication skills
- Able to work independently and as part of a dynamic group
- Able and willing to travel extensively locally and internationally
- Excellent relevant computer and software skills (Microsoft Office)
Download full TOR TOR – ICLEI Urban LEDS II Project Assistant – Lao PDR_27Mar2018
To apply, please submit the following documents through e-mail with subject “Project Assistant: Urban LEDS II” by Friday (20 April 2017) to: email@example.com:
- Cover letter that demonstrates your experience, qualifications and why you feel you would be the right choice for this position. Please address the cover letter to:
ICLEI Local Governments for Sustainability
Southeast Asia Secretariat
2. Latest CV and completed Key Selection Criteria Response Form.
Please use English for all communications. Only successful candidates will be contacted. No phone call is entertained. For more information about ICLEI Southeast Asia Secretariat, visit http://icleiseas.org/.