We are looking for a Project Officer to handle the implementation of Urban LEDS II in Lao PDR. The contract position is available beginning May 2018 until March 2021. The Project Officer will be responsible in the implementation of Urban LEDS 2 activities in Lao PDR leading the coordination work with cities, national ministries, and other relevant stakeholders
- Prepare, in consultation with ICLEI Southeast Asia, the overall project work plan in Lao PDR
- Coordinate with project cities and ensure that relevant Urban-LEDS II project activities are communicated to them
- Coordinate with relevant national ministries and other organizations relevant to the project
- Organise capacity building workshops for national government and cities with inputs from ICLEI Southeast Asia Secretariat
- Prepare verbal and written technical reports as required by ICLEI Southeast Asia and World Secretariat including but not limited to minutes of meetings, PowerPoint presentations, etc.
- Participate in dialogues with national government and other key stakeholders
- Conduct desktop research to support the implementation of Urban-LEDS II project
- Provide recommendations/suggestions to support LEDS in Lao PDR
- Perform other tasks relevant to the project
Key Selection Criteria:
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science, Urban Planning, Energy, or other related fields. Advanced degree (MA or MSc) is an advantage.
- Lao PDR nationality
- Five or more years’ experience in project management (international level), stakeholder engagement, and strategic planning
- Expertise in local development planning with particular focus on policy development, climate action planning, greenhouse gas inventory, and low emission development.
- A sound understanding of sustainable development, low carbon development and climate change mitigation in the city government context
- Extensive experience working with cities in Lao PDR
- Good knowledge of local, provincial and national government systems
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Good research skills
- Excellent writing, presentation and communication skills
- Able to work independently and as part of a dynamic group
- Able and willing to travel extensively locally and internationally
Download the full TOR here.
To apply, please submit the following documents through e-mail with subject “Project Officer: Urban LEDS II” by Friday (20 April 2017) to: firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover letter that demonstrates your experience, qualifications and why you feel you would be the right choice for this position. Please address the cover letter to:
ICLEI Local Governments for Sustainability
Southeast Asia Secretariat
2. Latest CV and completed Key Selection Criteria Response Form.
Please use English for all communications. Only successful candidates will be contacted. No phone call is entertained. For more information about ICLEI Southeast Asia Secretariat, visit http://icleiseas.org/.