The project requires the services of a coordinator to lead and supervise the conduct of the Urban Green Spaces Design Competition. The scope of work is as follows:
Scope of work
The following activities will need to be undertaken in order to help meet the objectives of the project.
- In coordination with the VN ACP Team and Hanoi DONRE, finalize the following details prior to the start of the contest:
a. The definition of an entry
b. The panel of judges
c. A comprehensive and complete mechanism on how contestants can submit their entry
d. A timeline of contest implementation from announcement until awarding ceremony
Conduct of Contest and Submission of Entries
- Lead the conduct of the contest and ensure that contestants are able to submit entries based on the mechanics
- Respond to queries and clarifications regarding entry submissions
- Liaise with VN Team and ICLEI SEAS regarding the progress and status of entry submissions
Collecting Entries and Judging
- Ensure that all entries submitted for judging followed the mechanics and are considered as valid entries
- Prepare a matrix and criteria for judging that the panel will use in determining the winners
- Ensure that the judging mechanisms is protected from tampering and results manipulation
Identification of Winners
- After identifying winning entries, reach out to the winners and inform them of the update
- Respond to questions or clarifications that may arise when announcing the winners including judging system and process
- Organize an awarding ceremony in coordination with ACP VN Team, Hanoi DONRE, and ICLEI SEAS
- Ensure that all pertinent activities are documented and reported back to ICLEI SEAS
Service provider requirements
The successful service provider must provide evidence of:
- Significant experience in coordinating and organizing similar contests and events;
- Significant experience in designing and building public spaces in Vietnam.
Additionally, advantageous criteria for prospective service providers include:
- Prior work experience in communities situated in Hanoi City;
- Prior work experience with an iNGO or global non-profit organization;
- Background on working in organizing activities and events at the community level; and
- Flexibility and a shared vision for the project outcome are essential, since the work will be undertaken in close cooperation with project team members.
Reporting requirements and management
- The expert will report to Ms. Hoang Thi Huong Giang, Vietnam Country Liaison Officer of ICLEI Southeast Asia Secretariat and Ms. Val Bugnot Communication Specialist of ICLEI SEAS.
- Regular meetings/calls to report on progress on specific tasks and deliverables will be required.
- Payment of the service provider will be contingent on the timely submissions of deliverables listed in this term of references.
Requirements for the proposal
The following information must be provided in the proposal:
- A quote with a budget (based on a daily rate) and time frame per task corresponding with the required deliverables.
- A detailed CV.
The service provider may not sub-contract other parties to assist them.
Closing date for submission of proposals
Kindly submit your proposal and supporting documents via e-mail to Ms. Hoang Thi Huong Giang at firstname.lastname@example.org copied to Mr. Cheng Pagulayan at email@example.com before 04:00 PM (Vietnam time), 30 September 2020. For any queries related to submission, please contact via the e-mail address above or ICLEI Southeast Asia Secretariat at +843 99 033 866. The coordinators is expected to commence work in October 2020.
Read the full terms of reference here.