Our office in Indonesia is looking for a Project Assistant to support the implementation of Urban-LEDS II. The role includes coordination work with cities, national ministries, and other relevant stakeholders. Specifically, the Project Assistant will work closely with the Urban-LEDS II Model Cities (Bogor and Balikpapan) as well as Satellite Cities (Kabupaten Bogor, South Tangerang, Tarakan, Bontang) to achieve project deliverables.
About the Urban-LEDS II Project
UN-Habitat and ICLEI-Local Governments for Sustainability are jointly implementing the Urban-LEDS II project: Accelerating climate action through the promotion of Urban Low Emission Development Strategies in more than 60 cities worldwide in the Urban-LEDS II project, using a multilevel governance approach to urban climate action. Through the Urban-LEDS II project, the local governments of selected cities are guided to create community-scale Urban Low Emissions Development Strategies (Urban LEDS) that also address climate resilience. These will be aligned to and ideally inform the Nationally Determined Contributions (NDCs) and National Adaptation Plans (NAPs), and implementation of these plans will start in the project lifetime. Further, the local governments will be supported to develop pilot projects and finance models for their Urban LEDS implementation. The overall Urban-LEDS II project aims to strengthen cooperation and information sharing across national and local governments, offering an integrated Measuring, Reporting and Verification (MRV) concept and guidance on multilevel governance, to support all levels of government to better understand the contribution of local level developments to support achieving national and global climate and sustainability goals. The project runs from April 2017 till March 2021.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the Project Officer from ICLEI IO and Regional Project Coordinator from ICLEI SEAS in implementing Urban-LEDS II project activities.
- Provide administrative, logistical, and technical support in the organization of events, meetings, and workshops, etc.
Assist in the preparation of Urban-LEDS II quarterly progress reports in English as required by ICLEI Southeast Asia and ICLEI World Secretariat.
- Assist in the updating of Indonesia’s country profile, city profiles, cCR (carbonn Climate Registry) and other requirements as the nee arises.
- Assist in conducting research on institutional landscape and multi-level governance approach towards low emission urban development in Indonesia.
- Assist in generating communication materials, website content, and articles for the project newsletter, etc.
- Assist in the implementation of pilot/demonstration project in both model and satellite cities.
- Provide assistance on the conduct of vertical integration activities in coordination with national ministries (e.g. the ICER pilot project in partnership with MoEF).
- Provide translation and interpreting support of Indonesian language materials to English and vice versa.
- Participate in Urban-LEDS II project team calls and other face-to-face meetings with other ICLEI offices, as the need arises.
- Prepare official communications for cities and national governments including relevant follow-up and coordination as required by the Urban-LEDS II project
- Participate in meetings and dialogues with national government and other key stakeholders.
- Perform other tasks as may be assigned from time to time.
Key Selection Criteria
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science, Urban Planning, Energy, Development Studies, Community Development, Public Policy, Social Science or other related fields.
- Indonesian nationality.
- At least two years of relevant experience in project management/ implementation, stakeholder engagement, strategic planning and event arrangement.
- Knowledge in local development planning with a focus on policy development, climate action planning, energy and transport, and other related topics.
- Experience in local development planning with a particular focus on policy development, climate action planning, greenhouse gas inventory, and low emission development.
- Previous experience in development work or related work for donor organizations, government institutions, NGOs, private sector/consulting firm is a strong advantage.
- Experience in project management, capacity building programs; stakeholder engagement; strategic planning, and event coordination is an advantage.
- Knowledge in local development planning with a focus on policy development, climate action planning, energy and transport and other related topics.
- Excellent command of the English language, both oral and written, is a must.
- Good knowledge of local, provincial, and national government systems in Indonesia is an advantage.
The consultant will directly report to ICLEI Indonesia Office Project Officer Rika Lumbangaol. Main contact person at ICLEI SEAS is Ms. Joy Camille Baldo, Senior Project Officer.
Interested candidates are requested to apply before 25 November 2019, Monday by sending the following documents through email with subject. “PA ULEDS2 – [your name]” to firstname.lastname@example.org with copy to email@example.com.
- Cover letter that demonstrates your experience, qualifications and why you feel you would be the right choice for this position. Please address the cover letter to:
ICLEI Local Governments for Sustainability
Southeast Asia Secretariat
- Latest CV and completed Key Selection Criteria Response Form