Our Indonesia office based in Jakarta, Indonesia is looking for a Country Manager. She/he shall primarily be involved in planning, developing and coordinating the implementation of projects in Indonesia in close cooperation with the Regional Director and relevant Project Officers.
This position will perform project development, administrative management and supervision, primary responsibility for Yayasan ICLEI Indonesia for effective project implementation in coordination with the Regional Program Manager and Regional Director of ICLEI SEAS to ensure the timely accomplishment of project deliverables.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Overall responsibility for the management and operations of ICLEI Yayasan Indonesia
- Primary responsibility in ensuring compliance with national regulations of line agencies of the Government of Indonesia to maintain the good standing of Yayasan ICLEI Indonesia.
- Oversee management and operations including HR, communications, and finance management including contracting.
- Develop Yayasan ICLEI Indonesia’s Country Strategy and work plan in consultation with the Project Officers for approval of the Regional Director and Board of Trustees.
- Ensure compliance with the provisions of the affiliate agreement.
- Cooperate and work with the Southeast Asia Secretariat on all matters relevant to the organization.
2. Responsible in coordination, implementation and monitoring of projects
- Overall responsibility in building the organization’s brand.
- Coordinate project implementation and monitor progress of project deliverables and ensure submission of consolidated report to the Regional Director.
- Ensure time submission of reports as mandated by the conditions of the Southeast Asia Secretariat, World Secretariat, and funders
3. Lead for Coordination, networking, and developing partnership in Indonesia
- Coordinate, network, and develop partnerships with National Ministries, partner organizations, donor agencies, and similar organizations to advance the interest of Yayasan ICLEI Indonesia in Indonesia.
- Identify opportunities for networking and partnerships in Indonesia.
4. Lead Project Development in Indonesia
- Identify appropriate partners in Indonesia for potential collaboration in order to leverage resources.
- Identify and find appropriate funding opportunities within Indonesia and for the Southeast Asia Region.
- Lead project proposal development for Yayasan ICLEI Indonesia.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Master Degree in Environmental Governance/Management/Policies, Climate Change Management, Public Policy, International Relations, Urban/Regional Planning, or other related field.
- 5 years solid experience in a management position particularly in a CSO/NGO.
- 5 years solid background on environment and climate change will be an advantage.
- Fluent in English, oral and written.
- Legally able to work in Indonesia.
Working / Functional Competencies
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Word, Power Point, and Excel.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks without compromising both the quality of output/s and project deadlines.
- Creative, motivated, with keen attention to detail, and highly organized.
- Sound understanding of appropriate business practices and procedures to ensure proper financial controls are in place.
- Ability to supervise a group or individual to accomplish specific goals.
- Understanding of the country’s politics, a culturally open-minded disposition, adaptability, integrity, strong leadership, the ability to build relationships and effective communication skills.
- Proven track record in communication and negotiation skills that influences key decision – makers effect relevant policy changes.
- Strong ability to identify opportunities and partnerships
- Ability to innovate and create new ideas.
- Knowledge of local government operational frameworks and processes is an advantage
- Demonstrates the ability to achieve results in a manner that is consistent with organizational expectations.
- Demonstrates the ability to provide effective coaching and encourage appropriate development activities in order to support staff in identifying and meeting their training and development needs.
- Demonstrates the ability to plan, use and create resources (people and/or finance and/or physical assets) in accordance with the organization guidelines and delegated accountability so that objectives are achieved in the most effective manner possible.
- Identifies and understands relationships, constraints and pressures affecting others.
- Advanced problem-solving and analytical skills, both quantitative and qualitative, with a focus on strategic challenges.
- Relationship management skills, also at a senior policy-maker level.
- Demonstrates commitment to ICLEI’s vision, mission, and values.
- Ability to work in international environment, independent, proactive and has willingness to learn.
- Innovative, passionate in sustainable development, dynamic, consistent and well ordered.
- Knowledge of local laws and regulations to ensure that the organization comply with it.
- Ability to liaise with management at the main office and providing reports on activities.
- Demonstrate intellectual and social flexibility and ability to manage multiple tasks at the same time without compromising quality and timeliness of deliverables.
- Must be willing and able to travel domestically and internationally.
- Ability to work under pressure and express one’s self articulately and with tact.
- Addresses conflicts proactively; continuously strive for mutually acceptable solutions.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision and as part of a dynamic group in multicultural environment.
To apply, please submit a Cover Letter that demonstrates your experience, qualifications, salary expectation, and why you feel you would be the right choice for this position, along with your latest CV, completed Key Criteria Response Form, and other supporting documents (Certificate of Education, Certificate of Work, etc).
Please send all materials in one (1) .pdf file through email with subject “CM_IO – [your name]” no later than 18.00 WIB on Friday/ 29 November 2019, to: email@example.com. Failure to comply with the instructions herein provided will disqualify the applicant.
*) You may combine all documents using free online application such as smallpdf.com.
Please use English for all communications. Only successful candidates will be contacted. No phone call is entertained. For more information about ICLEI Southeast Asia Secretariat and ICLEI Indonesia Office, visit http://icleiseas.org/.
Read full ToR here.