Our office in the Philippines is looking for a green building expert for the Ambitious City Promises Project in Pasig City.
About the Consultancy
This consultancy’s overall objective is to provide technical assessment of the current Local Green Building Ordinance of Pasig City and provide recommendations thereafter to support in crafting the Implementing Rules and Regulations (IRR) of said ordinance. Specifically, the consultancy aims to:
- Provide a comprehensive technical assessment of the Local Green Building Ordinance of Pasig City;
- Ensure a multi-departmental participatory process by convening the Pasig City Green Building Board (PCGBB) and technical working group (TWG) to provide guidance and jointly develop appropriate IRR of the Ordinance, based on the results of a comprehensive assessment of the existing Ordinance; and
- Extend technical expertise, particularly in conducting building audit and identifying consequent green building measures and solution, to support the implementation of a small-scale infrastructure pilot project by the ACP project and the City Government of Pasig.
The consultant shall conduct the following activities:
- Conduct a comprehensive review and evaluation of Pasig City’s Local Green Building Ordinance vis-a-vis its alignment to the Philippine Green Building Code, appropriate green building standards and certifications, as well as potential contribution to the city’s greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions reduction efforts, among others.
- Prepare an assessment report of Pasig City’s Local Green Building Ordinance including detailed recommendations to enhance the existing Ordinance, if needed and inputs to the development of the Ordinance’s IRR.
- Convene the Pasig City Green Building Board and technical working group (TWG) at least three (3) times for a series of consultation meetings towards the formulation of the Ordinance’s IRR.
- Facilitate knowledge transfer to better understand building energy efficiency/green building challenges and opportunities in the Philippines and provide green building information documents to the city government through provision of technical support to relevant departments part of the PCGBB.
- Prepare an enforcement and compliance monitoring framework of the Local Green Building Ordinance IRR.
- Conduct a building audit and provide recommendations of green building measures for one public building selected as pilot site of ACP’s small-scale infrastructure pilot project.
- A local individual consultant or firm is required for this consultancy.
- Individual consultants must have an advanced degree in green architecture urban planning, or other related fields and at least five years of relevant professional experience on green building sector, preferably with local governments.
- Firms must be a legal entity in the Philippines and should have a strong background working on the green building sector, preferably with local governments.
- Familiarity with different green building certification system/standards (such as LEED, BERDE, etc.)
- Significant hands-on experience in the field of building design, building energy efficiency and green buildings.
- Experience with international and/or bilateral/multilateral development institutions would be an advantage, as well as prior work in advisory/consulting with local government ;
- Experience working with high level public and private sector counterparts, highly desirable;
- Excellent presentation as well as oral and written communication skills;
- Active user of MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and proficiency to Autodesk 3D Design & Engineering Software for Architecture (i.e. Green Building Studio) is preferred.
Reporting Requirements and Management
The consultant will report directly to Regional Program Manager of ICLEI Southeast Asia and Country Liaison Officer of the Ambitious City Promises (ACP) project. S/he will also be coordinating with the City Environment and Natural Resources (CENRO) of Pasig City.
Interested individuals/firms are requested to apply before 01 November 2019 by sending the following documents to Ms. Pamela Cabacungan via email@example.com.
- Expression of Interest and confirmation of availability for the consultancy’s duration
- Latest CV (if an individual); company profile and CVs of team members (if firm)
- Professional fees requested including details of the budget and time frame per task corresponding with the required deliverables.
For any queries, please contact ICLEI Southeast Asia via email address above or at (632) 426-0851.
Read the full ToR here.