Our office in the Philippines is looking for an expert on building energy efficiency or sustainable building to implement activities to spur the formulation of local green building code or ordinance and/or enhance the capacity of selected Philippine Building Efficiency Accelerator (BEA) cities.
About the Consultancy
The consultancy’s overall objective is to implement activities to spur the formulation of local green building code or ordinance and/or enhance the capacity of selected Philippine BEA cities including Mandaluyong, Science City of Muñoz, and possibly Quezon City. Among these cities, only Muñoz has yet to have its own local green building code, whereas the rest are either enacting or improving the implementation of their local green building ordinance.
Specifically, this consultancy is intended to cover the following:
- Conduct an inventory of existing local and national policies and programs;
- Conduct an analysis of current and projected building types;
- Conduct a review of existing environmental guidelines and programs;
- Provide expert guidance in designing and conducting stakeholder workshops;
- Conduct activities for the local government personnel, officials, and/or building industry stakeholders to undertake entity-level building energy audit.
However, the consultant is free to propose additional activities as long as the budget permits.
Duration and Location
Due to its urgency, the project must be completed within 21 October 2019 to 31 January 2020. The activities would cover Mandaluyong, Muñoz, Pasig and Quezon City.
- A local individual consultant or consultancy firm or university-affiliated foundation/organization is required for this consultancy.
- Individual consultants must have at least a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, green architecture, urban planning, or other related fields, and at least five years of relevant professional experience on urban planning/green building/policymaking on sustainable buildings/green building codes preferably with local governments.
- Firms must be a legal entity in the Philippines and should have previous work experience on building energy audit and research related to any of the following: green building, building efficiency, urban planning and policymaking on sustainable buildings/green building codes.
- Familiarity with different green building certification system/standards (e.g., LEED, BERDE, etc.)
- Significant hands-on experience in the field of building design, building energy efficiency and/or green buildings.
- Experience with international and/or bilateral/multilateral development institutions would be an advantage, as well as prior work in advisory/consulting with local governments, non-government organizations, and international organizations;
- Excellent presentation as well as oral and written communication skills; and
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications and tools/software relevant to this project.
Reporting Requirements and Management
The consultant will report directly to Regional Program Manager of ICLEI Southeast Asia and BEA Coordinator of ICLEI Southeast Asia.
Interested individuals/firms are requested to apply before 18 October 2019 by sending the following documents to Ms. Nikki Ortiz via email@example.com
- Expression of Interest and confirmation of availability for the consultancy’s duration;
- Latest CV (if an individual); one-page company profile and CVs of team members (if firm);
- Proposed budget including professional fees and time frame per task corresponding with the required deliverables;
- Two-page summary outlining previous work engagements in relation to this consultancy.
For any queries, please contact ICLEI SEAS via email address above or at (632) 426-0851.
Read the full ToR here.