We are looking for a Davao City-based (Philippines) consultant for a short-term engagement to carry out food supplier chain diagnosis, household/consumer survey, organize stakeholder roundtable discussion, and produce report of the activities in Davao City for the project “Study of Urban Food Systems in Asia Phase II.”
This consultancy’s overall objective is to lead the food supplier chain diagnosis, household/consumer survey, organize stakeholder roundtable and FGDs, and produce report of the aforementioned activities in Davao City.
- Identify appropriate food chain suppliers;
- Conduct of food supplier’s assessment – template will be provided;
- Organizing of stakeholder roundtable – invite representatives from the relevant local government offices, food suppliers, the World Bank, FAO, and ICLEI will be the participants, reservation of roundtable venue and catering;
- Conduct household/consumer survey (330 units) – lead in the conduct of survey, assist in the selection of enumerators. Honorarium for additional enumerators will be shouldered by ICLEI; and
- Produce detailed report of the above activities.
The consultant shall conduct the following activities:
Conduct of food supplier’s assessment
- Identify the relevant food chain actors and its location in Davao City.
- Perform assessment/survey of the food chain actors using the template provided.
- Identify food chain actors as indicated in the template not operating in the city and replace with those not in the list.
- Invite the person interviewed during the supplier’s assessment to the stakeholders roundtable/FGDs.
Organizing the stakeholder’s roundtable
- Send invites to relevant food suppliers and government officer
- 5-10 government officers
- 5-10 wholesalers
- 5-10 farmers group
- 5-10 supermarkets/convenience store
- 5-10 wet markets
- 5-10 institutional consumers
- Identify venue for the roundtable meeting and catering (AM snacks, lunch, PM snacks)
- Identify hotel accommodation for participants not situated in Davao City
- Document the roundtable meeting by taking pictures and taking down notes (will provide audio recording device)
Conduct of household/consumer survey
- Provide training to enumerators in consultation with ICLEI
- Learn to use the tablet to be provided on the survey
- Lead the hiring 5 individuals/enumerators who are capable of conducting the survey and using the tablet
- Lead/supervise the conduct of survey
- Complete the survey of at least 330 households/consumers
- Produce a detailed report of the above-mentioned activities (report format will be provided)
- Detail the experience while conducting the survey and provide photos
- Get quotes from the roundtable meeting
- Quotes from the survey activities as necessary
- At least 3-year work experience in on-ground data collection, data and statistical analysis.
- Good research skills
- Excellent command of English, Filipino languages (written and spoken) and the Bisaya language (spoken)
- Excellent writing, presentation, and communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
- Creative, motivated, with keen attention to detail, and highly organized
- Knowledge on food systems and food supply services is a plus
- Based in Davao City
- Familiar with the ins and outs of the city
- Can start immediately
The consultant will directly report to Mr. Victorino Aquitania, Regional Director of ICLEI Southeast Asia Secretariat. The main contact person for the project at ICLEI Southeast Asia is Mr. Ricardo Marfiga Jr., Project Officer.
DURATION & LOCATION
The duration of the consultancy services will be from September 2019 to November 2019. All location of the activities will be in Davao City, Philippines.
Interested applicants are requested to apply to Mr. Ricardo Marfiga Jr via email@example.com
- Expression of interest and confirmation of availability for the duration / ability to complete the tasks of the activity
- Latest CV
- Applicants must submit a proposal that includes approach and survey strategy including proposed budget. The budget proposal should include fee for the enumerators (a total of 5 enumerators will be hired for the consumer/household survey).
- Meeting and training cost must be excluded in the proposal while actual local transport shall be reimbursed.
For full copy of the terms of reference (TOR) and any queries, please contact ICLEI Southeast Asia via email address above or at (632) 426-0851 / 09062783677.