Our Indonesia office based in Jakarta, Indonesia is looking for an Administrative Assistant. The successful candidate will support the office’s day-to-day operations with a particular focus on assisting the Finance and Administrative Officer in office management, bookkeeping, administrative, and logistical tasks.
Under the overall direction and supervision of the Finance and Operations Officer and the Country Manager, the Administrative Assistant will have the following duties and responsibilities:
Accounting and Finance:
- Manage and secure the office’s petty cash supply
- Lead the preparation of the cashbook
- Ensure complete filing of vouchers; check supporting documents to ensure accuracy according to the ICLEI format
- Ensure vouchers are equipped with complete, original, accurate supporting documents
- Assist the FOO in monitoring Accounts Receivables and Account Payables from project activities
- Assist the FOO in preparing bank reconciliation statements to ensure that all cash transactions appearing in the books of ICLEI Indonesia will match the bank records
- Assist FOO in preparing the ICLEI Indonesia Office annual operating budget; project-specific budgets, and financial reports.
Office Administration and Operations:
- Respond to, screen, and transfer inbound phone calls.
- Serve as main receptionist to receive and direct visitors and/or clients
- Perform general clerical duties including photocopying, faxing, sorting, and distributing inbound correspondence.
- Maintain and update digital and hard copy filing system
- Resolve administrative challenges and inquiries by coordinating preparation of reports, analyzing data, and identifying solutions.
- Maintain supplies inventory by regularly checking stocks; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies
- Coordinate and implement maintenance procedures for office equipment
- Implement preventive maintenance of office equipment; coordinate repairs if necessary
- Handle fixed asset inventory and tagging
- Coordinate filing and processing of office forms such as Travel Authorization, timesheet, and Leave Application
- Provide logistical and administration support during events
- Maintain and update contacts database
- Perform other tasks as maybe assigned from time to time
- Bachelor’s degree in Administration or Accounting
- Working proficiency of English both oral and written is preferable
- Relevant finance experience is preferable, particularly in international or local NGO environment
- Familiarity of spreadsheet software including Microsoft Office applications (e.g. Access, Excel, Words, Power Point, etc.) is a must
- Understanding and experience on finance-related law and regulations in Indonesia, particularly related to cooperation with local and national governments, as well as international donors, is an added point
- Good organizational and planning skills, professional judgment, discretion, and problem solving
- Ability to communicate concisely and clearly
- Ability to perform a variety of specialized tasks related to results-based management, including support to design, planning and project implementation and reporting
- Ability to establish and maintain contacts with operational-level, officials of the participating local governments and other stakeholders required
- Possess excellent, analytical, organizational, interpersonal, communications and writing skills
- Shares knowledge and experience and actively work towards continuing personal training, acts on a learning plan, and applies newly acquired skills
- Demonstrates commitment to ICLEI’s vision, mission, and values
- Exerts strict adherence to corporate rules, regulations and procedures. Familiarity with the internal control framework and results-based management tool is a must
- Upholds integrity and honesty as personal value, with thorough attention to details
- Ability to work in international environment and willingness to learn
- Must demonstrate intellectual and social flexibility, cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality, and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at the same time without compromising both the quality of output/s and project deadlines
- Must be willing to address and disclose work-related issues and problems in constructive and problem-solving approaches
To apply, please submit a Cover Letter that demonstrates your experience, qualifications, salary expectation, and why you feel you would be the right choice for this position, along with your latest CV, completed Key Selection Criteria Response Form, and other supporting documents (Certificate of Education, Certificate of Work, etc.).
Please send all materials in one .pdf file through email with subject “AAS – [your name]” no later than 18.00 WIB on Friday/ 27 July 2019, to: email@example.com.
Download the full ToR here.