We are looking for a Local Government Associate to support the implementation of the Ambitious City Promises in Hanoi, Vietnam.
Project Coordination and Support
- Assist in setting up meeting schedules with participating cities, national government agencies, and other partners as the need arises.
- Provide periodic update/s on the progress of Hanoi’s pilot projects and formulation of Promise of Hanoi in coordination with the Country Liaison Officer
- Assist in mobilizing city representatives during relevant national project activities.
Technical Inputs and Support to Project Outputs
- Support the implementation of Hanoi’s pilot projects including but not limited to preparation of procurement-related documents, Terms of Reference, among others.
- Support in formulation/review of the draft Promise of Hanoi by providing technical inputs on feasible low emission development measures in close cooperation with the Hanoi DONRE and Country Liaison Officer
Data Collection, Encoding, and Management
- Maintain a database of collected data and information in relation to the public hearing/s, pilot project/s, formulation of City Promise in Hanoi.
- Conduct an analysis of the data collected and provide recommendations where appropriate.
- Assist the project team in translation of project–related documents as necessary.
- Other related tasks as assigned from time to time.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in environmental science/ management, urban and regional planning, development studies, communication, community development, urban economics or other relevant degrees; or a combination of relevant education and experience. Moreover, giving priority to those who have experience in urban and climate action planning as well as international relations.
- Ability to communicate in English is a must.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (e.g. Excel, Words, Powerpoint) is a must.
- Previous experience in development work or related work for local/ national government institutions, NGOs, the private sector is important.
- Knowledge of local government operational frameworks and processes in Vietnam is an advantage.
- Demonstrates commitment to ICLEI’s vision, mission, and values.
- Good communication and organization skills.
- Ability to work in an international environment, independent, proactive, and is willing to learn.
- Creative, motivated, with keen attention to detail and highly organized.
- Ability to communicate concisely and clearly and to facilitate the decision-making process.
- Demonstrate intellectual and social flexibility and ability to manage multiple tasks at the same time without compromising both the quality of output/s and project deadlines.
To apply, please submit a Cover Letter that demonstrates your experience, qualifications, salary expectation, and why you feel you would be the right choice for this position, along with your latest CV.
Download the full ToR here.