We are looking for an in-country Communications Assistant for Vietnam to support the implementation of the Ambitious City Promises particularly in the development and activation of all communications and citizen engagement-related activities and deliverables under the project.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
The successful candidate is expected to:
- Support the development, launch, and implementation of all communications-related activities in Vietnam including but not limited to online and offline campaigns, stakeholder engagement platform, behavioral change intervention (pilot project), and others.
- Support the project team in liaising with ACP cities in Vietnam regarding citizen engagement-related activities and deliverables
- Ensure that constraints brought about by the language barrier is minimized by tailor-fitting communication materials and medium to the local context; content developed from the World and Regional Secretariat shall be translated accordingly by the Communications Assistant
- Ensure that the local context of ACP cities in Vietnam, particularly Hanoi, as the model city, is considered in the development and implementation of all citizen engagement-related activities and deliverables.
- Ensure that ACP activities receive sufficient media coverage in Vietnam by maintaining contacts with media organizations, preparing press releases and briefers in the local language, and disseminating these to media contacts
- Support the Communications Officer in complying with the ACP communications and branding including use of logos, populated hashtags, keyword indexing, and content pick-up by other Vietnamese media organizations
- Support the project team in the visual packaging of all knowledge products of ACP-related activities and outputs. The Communications Assistant should ensure that visual design is consistent with ACP, ICLEI, and the cities’ branding.
- Provide logistical support in the conduct of national workshops and meetings
- Assist the Country Liaison Officer with relevant tasks such as coordination with cities and partners, preparing reports, and others
- Other related tasks assigned from time to time
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Urban Design and Development, Development Communication, Communication Arts, Information Technology, Fine Arts, Environmental Science and Management, Political Science, Community Development, or other relevant degrees
- Excellent command of the English language and native Vietnamese speaker, both written and spoken
- Demonstrated ability to craft and implement a comprehensive communication and outreach strategy to support ACP’s project goals, particularly the ones related to citizen engagement
- Ability to contextualize and package direction, information, and materials from the World and Regional Secretariat in a way that is appealing and interesting to target audience groups in Vietnam
- Ability to develop communication materials to support awareness-raising and behavioral change strategies
- Proficiency in visual design software programs (e.g. Adobe Photoshop, inDesign, Premiere, Illustrator, and others) is a must
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (e.g. Excel, Word, PowerPoint) is a must.
- Familiarity with basic publishing languages such as HTML and CSS and content management system including WordPress and Joomla is a plus
- Familiarity with social media marketing tools such as Mentimeter, Keyhole, and Hootsuite is a plus
- At least two years of experience in supporting project implementation with a focus on sustainable development issues, particularly climate change, low carbon development, citizen engagement, and community development
- Demonstrated ability to create visually-appealing communication materials and knowledge products
- Previous experience in development work or related work for donor organizations, government institutions, NGOs, private sector/ consulting firm is a strong advantage.
- Knowledge of local government operational frameworks and processes is highly desirable
- Ability to work in an international environment, independent, proactively, and has the willingness to learn.
- Has a keen attention to detail and is highly organized
- Ability to communicate concisely and clearly and to facilitate the decision-making process.
- Must demonstrate intellectual and social flexibility and ability to manage multiple tasks at the same time without compromising both the quality of output/s and project deadlines.
- Must be willing and able to travel domestically and internationally.
To apply, please submit a Cover Letter that demonstrates your experience, qualifications, salary expectation, and why you feel you would be the right choice for this position, along with your latest CV, portfolio of sample works (if any), and other supporting documents (Certificate of Education, Certificate of Work, etc.).
Please send all materials in one .pdf file through email with subject “Communications Assistant” no later than 17.00 VNT on Friday / 21 June 2019 to: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. Applicants who do not comply with the instructions will not be considered.
Please use English for all communications. Only successful candidates will be contacted. No phone call is entertained.
Download the full ToR here.