Deadline of applications for this position is extended until 30 May 2019.
We are looking for the right individual to work as our Membership and Communications Assistant. The successful candidate for this position shall work closely with the Communications Officer and Membership Officer in handling all tasks and deliverables related to the organizations’ communication direction and needs as well as its membership and governance structure and processes.
The Membership and Communications Assistant shall work closely with the Communications Officer and Membership Officer. He/she shall handle communications-related work for the organization both external and internal. Following the Communications Plan and Strategy, he/she shall support the development of visually-appealing knowledge materials both print and digital, monitoring social media channels, websites, and general digital footprint, developing and maintaining a good professional relationship with local and international media outlets, and ensuring that all communication collaterals are accurate and up to date.
He/she shall also support the Membership Officer in communicating with potential and existing ICLEI SEAS members and its larger network. The successful candidate shall assist the Membership Officer in liaising with member local and regional governments; ensuring that all pertinent information regarding fees, organizational updates, and opportunities are communicated to them in a timely manner.
In terms of project implementation, the Membership and Communications Assistant shall support the Ambitious City Promises (ACP) project, particularly in developing and implementing citizen engagement-related activities including but not limited to citizen surveys, online and offline awareness-raising campaigns, public consultations, stakeholder engagement platform, among others.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
Communications Support: Visual Design and Digital Communications (25%)
- Develop visually-appealing communication products—both online and offline, that adhere to ICLEI and specific project’s branding
- Assist in monitoring and maintaining digital channels including social media handles and website; ensuring that these platforms display organic and curated content that are relevant to the Southeast Asian context
- Assist the Communications Officer in gathering content from other ICLEI SEAS offices (Indonesia, Laos, and Vietnam) that can be featured in any of the digital channels
- Assist in maintaining the website by posting organic and curated content in a regular manner
- Assist in developing and maintaining contacts with media organizations in the region
- Represent ICLEI SEAS in global communications call, in the absence of the Communications Officer
Project Implementation: Ambitious City Promises Project (50%)
- Support the development and implementation of citizen engagement-related activities including but not limited to conduct of citizen surveys, online and offline awareness-raising campaigns, public consultations, stakeholder engagement platform, pilot project, and others.
- Support in liaising with ACP cities in the Philippines particularly Pasig City as the model city regarding citizen engagement-related activities deliverables
- Ensure that the local context of ACP cities, particularly Pasig City, is considered in the development and implementation of all citizen engagement-related activities and deliverables
- Ensure that ACP activities receive sufficient media coverage by maintaining contact with media organizations, preparing press releases and briefers in English and local language, if needed, and disseminating these to media organizations
- Ensure that the branding of ACP, ICLEI, and the cities are highlighted in all communication materials developed for ACP
- Provide logistical support in the conduct of national workshops and meetings including administrative and finance requirements (cash advances, liquidation)
Membership and Governance(25%)
- Assist in maintaining the database of all ICLEI SEAS member local and regional governments
- Assist in collecting membership fees; sending out timely reminders to members and issuing them invoices for payment in coordination with the Admin Team and Membership Officer
- Assist in maintaining updated and regular communication with member local and regional governments; disseminating information regarding fees, organizational updates, and opportunities in a timely manner
- Assist in handling feedback from the members including questions, clarifications, suggestions, and others
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree in Development Communication, Communication Arts, Information Technology, Fine Arts, Environmental Science and Management, Political Science, Community Development, or other relevant degrees and equivalent professional experience
- Good command of the English language, both written and spoken
- Proficiency in visual design software programs (e.g. Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Premiere, Illustrator, and others) is a must
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (e.g. Excel, Word, PowerPoint) is a must.
- Familiarity with basic publishing languages such as HTML and CSS and content management system including WordPress and Joomla is a plus
- Familiarity with social media marketing tools such as Mentimeter, Keyhole, and Hootsuite is a plus
- At least two years of experience in supporting project implementation with a focus on sustainable development issues, particularly climate change, low carbon development, citizen engagement, and community development
- Demonstrated ability to create visually-appealing communication materials and knowledge products
- Demonstrated understanding of member relations and management
- Previous experience in development work or related work for donor organizations, government institutions, NGOs, private sector/ consulting firm is a strong advantage.
- Knowledge of local government operational frameworks and processes is highly desirable.
- Ability to work in an international environment, independent, proactively, and has the willingness to learn.
- Visually creative and has the ability to effectively communicate complex ideas into a popularized and laymanized manner
- Has a keen attention to detail and is highly organized
- Ability to communicate concisely and clearly and to facilitate the decision-making process.
- Must demonstrate intellectual and social flexibility and ability to manage multiple tasks at the same time without compromising both the quality of output/s and project deadlines.
- Must be willing and able to travel domestically and internationally.
- To apply, please submit a Cover Letter that demonstrates your experience, qualifications, salary expectation, and why you feel you would be the right choice for this position, along with your latest CV, completed Key Selection Criteria Response Form, and other supporting documents (Certificate of Education, Certificate of Work, etc.).
- Kindly send a portfolio of visual design projects and sample as well, if there is any.
- Please send all materials in one .pdf file through email with subject “Membership and Communications Assistant” no later than 17.00 PHT on Tuesday / 14 May 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants who do not comply with the instructions will not be considered.
- Please use English for all communications. Only successful candidates will be contacted. No phone call is entertained.
- Download the full ToR here.