We are looking for a Project Assistant to support the implementation of the Clean Energy Living Laboratories (CELLs) and One Planet City Challenge (OPCC) projects. The successful candidate will work closely with ICLEI SEAS Project Officers and Program Manager in coordinating the overall planning, management and implementation of projects assigned. This position will perform technical project management support for effective implementation and will support the Project Officers / Program Manager in close coordination with the Regional Director to ensure timely accomplishment of project deliverables.
Aside from these, the Project Assistant is expected to assist in other projects and tasks being implemented by the Secretariat. Qualified applicants must possess an understanding of issues related to the project, ability in liaising and cooperating with local government units (LGUs) and other project partners, experience in project support work, good oral and written command of the English language, ability to work with minimal supervision and an eagerness to learn and contribute in a team driven atmosphere.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
Project Coordination and Support
- Assist in following-up meeting schedules with participating cities, national government agencies, and other partners as the need arises.
- Assist in mobilizing city representatives during relevant national project activities.
- Assist in monitoring ICLEI’s work plan, and harmonizing activities with project partners.
- Support documentation of activities and preparation of activity report/s.
Data Reporting and Management
- Serve as the focal person of the CDP reporting platform. As such, he/she shall liaise with ICLEI World Secretariat, CDP partners, and relevant local government units to ensure proper and timely reporting of climate data and actions
- Assist in collecting and compiling data and information relevant to the project/s including but not limited to local development plans as well as information on relevant stakeholders, etc.
- Encode collected data and information in the format prescribed.
- Maintain a database of collected data and information.
Administration and Logistics
- Provide logistical support in the conduct of national workshops and meetings
- Prepare cash advances and liquidation reports for local project activities.
- Prepare project technical activity report in coordination with Project Officer/s concerned.
- Ensure that relevant administrative documents are filed and submitted accordingly.
- Other related tasks assigned from time to time
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree in environmental science/ management, political science, urban and regional planning, international and development studies, communication, community development, or other relevant degrees; or a combination of relevant education and experience
- Good command of English language, both written and spoken
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (e.g. Excel, Word, PowerPoint) is a must.1. Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (e.g. Excel, Word, PowerPoint) is a must
- At least two years of experience in program/ project implementation with a focus on sustainable development issues, such as climate change, low carbon development, and integrated resource management (may include relevant internship/ volunteering work)
- Demonstrated understanding and working knowledge of data collection and analysis
- Previous experience in development work or related work for donor organizations, government institutions, NGOs, private sector/ consulting firm is a strong advantage
- Knowledge of local government operational frameworks and processes is highly desirable
- Ability to work in an international environment, independent, proactively, and has willingness to learn
- Creative, motivated, with keen attention to detail and highly organized
- Ability to communicate concisely and clearly and to facilitate the decision-making process
- Must demonstrate intellectual and social flexibility and ability to manage multiple tasks at the same time without compromising both the quality of output/s and project deadlines
- Must be willing and able to travel domestically and internationally.
- To apply, please submit a Cover Letter that demonstrates your experience, qualifications, salary expectation, and why you feel you would be the right choice for this position, along with your latest CV, completed Key Selection Criteria Response Form, and other supporting documents (Certificate of Education, Certificate of Work, etc.)
- Please send all materials in one .pdf file through email with subject “Project Assistant 2019” no later than 17.00 PHT on Friday / 03 May 2019 to email@example.com. Applicants who do not comply with the instructions will not be considered.
- Please use English for all communications. Only successful candidates will be contacted. No phone call is entertained.
- Download the full ToR of this vacancy here.
For more information about ICLEI Southeast Asia Secretariat, visit icleiseas.org