We are looking for a Local Government Associate (LGA) to support the implementation of the Ambitious City Promises project in Indonesia. The LGA shall work closely with the Project Officer and the Country Manager to ensure timely accomplishment of project deliverables. Fresh graduates are encouraged to apply for this positon.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
Project Coordination and Support
- Assist in setting up meeting schedules with participating cities, national government agencies, and other partners as the need arises.
- Assist in mobilizing city representatives during relevant national project activities
- Assist in the implementation of pilot projects in Jakarta, Indonesia
Data Collection, Encoding, and Management
- Assist in collecting and compiling data and information relevant to the project including but not limited to local development plans, activity data for the conduct of GHG emissions inventory such as fuel consumption data, electricity consumption, etc.
- Encode collected data and information in the format prescribed by the Country Team
- Maintain a database of collected data and information
- Conduct an analysis of the data collected and provide recommendations where appropriate
Administration and Logistics
- Provide logistical support in the conduct of national-level workshops and meetings (e.g., identification of venue, preparation of attendance sheets, coordination with suppliers, etc.)
- Prepare cash advances and liquidation reports for local project activities
- Prepare project technical activity report in coordination with the ACP Lead Project Officer
- Ensure that relevant administrative documents are filed and submitted accordingly to ICLEI Indonesia Finance and Operations Assistant.
- Other related tasks as assigned from time to time
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in environmental science/ management, urban and regional planning, development studies, communication, community development, or other relevant degrees; or a combination of relevant education and experience
- Good command of English language, both written and spoken
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (e.g. Excel, Words, PowerPoint) is a must
- Demonstrated understanding and working knowledge of data collection and analysis
- Comfortable with writing at different levels: subject-based writing, reports, journalistic articles, and web base snippets; keeping in mind the target audience and the medium.
- Previous volunteering/ internship experience in development work or related work for local/ national government institutions, NGOs, the private sector is important.
- Knowledge of local government operational frameworks and processes is an advantage.
- Demonstrates commitment to ICLEI’s vision, mission, and values
- Good communication and organization skills.
- Ability to work in an international environment, independent, proactive, and is willing to learn
- Creative, motivated, with keen attention to detail and highly organized
- Ability to communicate concisely and clearly and to facilitate the decision-making process.
- Demonstrate intellectual and social flexibility and ability to manage multiple tasks at the same time without compromising both the quality of output/s and project deadlines.
To apply, please submit a Cover Letter that demonstrates your experience, qualifications, salary expectation, and why you feel you would be the right choice for this position, along with your latest CV, completed Key Selection Criteria Response Form, and other supporting documents (Certificate of Education, Certificate of Work, etc.).
Please send all materials in one .pdf file through email with subject “LGA – [your name]” no later than 18.00 WIB on Friday / 19 April 2019, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download the full ToR here.