We are looking for a Project Assistant to support the 100% Renewable Energy Project led by the Yayasan ICLEI Indonesia Office. The assistant, working closely with the Country Liasion Officer and Country Manager, shall perform administrative, logistical, and project coordination tasks.
Administration and Logistical Support:
- Organize schedules and see that deadlines are met
- Assist in budget planning, cash advances, and liquidation reports including budget monitoring to help ensure resources are used efficiently
- Complete any necessary administrative tasks and logistics in project related events
- Coordinate travel needs, schedules and meetings and prepare documents and monitor activities.
- Manage project file systems and participate in project-related calls.
- Provide translation support from Indonesian – Bahasa to English and vice versa
Project Technical Support
- Assist in the overall implementation of the project;
- Assist in carrying out project-related research, including but not limited to collecting, compiling, analyzing data and information as well as writing the report;
- Assist in overseeing the activities of the project and team;
- Assist in regularly preparing a report on the status of the project to ICLEI SEAS and WS;
- Collaborate with the whole project team; contributing to the entire project lifecycle;
- Assist in monitoring the progress of the project;
- Assist the Project Manager in the preparation of the project completion report;
- Work collaboratively with the Country Liaison Officer and team to effectively and efficiently implement the project;
- Coordinate efforts within the team and with internal and external partners efficiently and in coordinating the implementation of the project with the other partner agencies, Local Government Units (LGUs) and national government;
- Develop reports and correspondence in consultation with the CLO and Team.
- Coordinate with project teams on tasks as per objectives.
- Support Yayasan ICLEI Indonesia through conceptualization, development, and implementation of projects and researches in Indonesia, including but not limited to proposal development.
- Perform other tasks as may be assigned from time to time-related to office operations and other projects.
- At least a bachelor degree in energy, energy-economics, social sciences, environmental science/ management, urban and regional planning, development studies or other relevant degrees; or a combination of relevant education and experience.
- Legally able to work in Indonesia
- Good command of English language, both written and spoken.
- Good organizational, research, writing, presentation and communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (e.g. Excel, Words, PowerPoint) is a must.
- Knowledge of sustainable development, national and local development planning, climate action planning, National Energy Plan, energy governance, and local government operational frameworks/processes is an advantage.
- Previous volunteering/ internship experience in development work or related work for local/ national government institutions, NGOs, the private sector is important.
- Fresh graduates are welcome to apply.
- Demonstrates commitment to ICLEI’s vision, mission, and values.
- Ability to work in an international environment, independent, proactive, and is willing to learn,
- Creative, passionate in sustainable development, self-motivated, with keen attention to detail and highly organized.
- Demonstrate intellectual and social flexibility and ability to manage multiple tasks at the same time without compromising both the quality of output/s and project deadlines.
- knowledge in government processes
- Ability to work under pressure and stay composed and positive even in difficult moments and handles tense situations with diplomacy and tact.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision and as part of a dynamic group in a multicultural environment.
To apply, please submit a Cover Letter that demonstrates your experience, qualifications, and salary expectation along with your latest CV completed Key Selection Criteria Response Form, and other supporting documents (Certificate of Education, Certificate of Work, etc.).
Download the full ToR here.
Please send all materials in one .pdf file through email with the subject: 100%RE_PA – [your name no later than 18.00 WIB on Monday/ 15 April 2019, to email@example.com.