We are looking for a Communications Officer to develop and implement a comprehensive communications strategy for Yayasan ICLEI Indonesia. This post is based in Jakarta, Indonesia and will work closely with the communications team at the ICLEI Southeast Asia Secretariat and ICLEI World Secretariat.
The Communications Officer shall:
- Serve as a communications lead in the development, management, and implementation of Yayasan ICLEI Indonesia communication work plan
- Support the ICLEI SEAS Regional Communications Officer in developing and implementing the secretariat’s communication plan across member cities and network in the region
- Serve as a Liaison Officer to the Global and Regional Communications Team at the ICLEI World Secretariat, ICLEI SEAS and other communications-related service providers.
He or she is also expected to:
- Develop and build engagement for ICLEI SEAS’ existing channels; develop if necessary, specific communication channels for Yayasan ICLEI Indonesia
- Update and maintain Yayasan ICLEI Indonesia communication platforms as well as ICLEI SEAS website and social media channels by regularly uploading new content and ensuring that ICLEI news and events are posted in a timely manner
- Support the Regional Secretariat in curating content for ICLEI SEAS’ channels
- Develop, edit, maintain and package communication materials including newsletters, brochures, exhibits, event banners, among others, following the ICLEI global communications strategy
- Write and edit news and feature articles, press releases, and other information material for various forms of media (i.e., website and print) and submit these to the Regional Secretariat for review and subsequent publication on ICLEI SEAS’ channels
- Assist in copy editing technical reports, proceedings, and other documents produced by Yayasan ICLEI Indonesia to ensure coherence and clarity.
- Assist in the conduct of Yayasan ICLEI Indonesia events
- Assist in the development and packaging of project proposals (as the need arises).
- Master’s Degree in Journalism, Development Communication, Mass Communication, Communication Arts, Sociology, and related fields. Other courses may be considered provided that it is supported with equivalent professional experience
- Minimum of two-year working experience in the field of communications, with emphasis on news writing, copy editing, events coverage, and desktop publishing.
- Solid background on the environment and climate change will be an advantage.
- Legally able to work in Indonesia
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and desktop publishing software (Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator) programs is a must
- Experience in website management and knowledge on the use of content management systems such as Typo3, Joomla, WordPress, and Mailchimp is a must.
- Experience in basic HTML and CSS is preferred.
- Experience in photography and videography is preferred
- Ability to handle multiple tasks without compromising both the quality of output/s and project deadlines
- Creative, motivated, with keen attention to detail, and highly organized.
To apply, please submit a Cover Letter that demonstrates your experience, qualifications, and salary expectation along with your latest CV, completed Key Selection Criteria Response Form, and other supporting documents (Certificate of Education, Certificate of Work, etc.).
Download the full ToR here.
Please send all materials in one .pdf file through email with the subject “CO_ICLEI – [your name]” no later than 18.00 WIB on Friday/ 31 May 2019, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Kindly note that we will only process applications that comply with these instructions.