We are looking for an Officer to support energy-related projects implemented by ICLEI Southeast Asia. The successful candidate will be based in Quezon City and will be working closely with ICLEI SEAS Technical team. Expected tasks are as follows:
- Work with local and national governments in implementing renewable energy as well as energy efficiency and conservation (EE&C) projects;
- Conduct a review of existing national and local policies and programs relevant to renewable energy, EE&C, and energy data management specifically how this relates to local government operations;
- Conduct capacity building activities for local government personnel, officials, and/or building industry stakeholders on how to undertake entity-level building energy audit;
- Lead project acquisition and coordination with partners on initiatives relating to energy and other related themes;
- Develop knowledge products including but not limited to proceedings, policy briefs, and case studies as the need arise;
- Support the organization and delivery of ICLEI -led events including training, workshops, dialogues, and study tours; and
- Support ICLEI in external communication with partners and other parties interested in information or getting involved in projects and other initiatives.
- At least 3-5 years professional experience in implementing energy-related projects, preferably in an international organization or NGO
- Completed university degree or equivalent in Engineering, Environmental Science, Urban Planning, or related fields. Having a Master’s Degree is an advantage.
- Familiarity with conducting building energy audits is a must.
- Familiarity with GHG inventory protocols (GPC and IPCC) as well as the use of USAID’s Clean Energy Emission Reduction (CLEER) tool are advantageous.
- Proficiency in MS Office, e-mail programs
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Interest in international collaboration and sustainability
Terms and conditions:
The position is available beginning March 2019 at ICLEI Southeast Asia Secretariat in Quezon City. The contract is initially for a period of one year but a contract extension is envisioned if performance and funding allows.
ICLEI SEAS is offering a competitive salary package plus mandatory statutory benefits for this full-time position and health benefits after successful completion of the probationary period. The final salary will be determined based on the chosen applicant’s skills and experience.
- Workings hours: 40/week, 12 days of paid vacation leave per year
- Working language: Filipino, English
To apply, please submit the following documents through e-mail with the subject “Officer: Energy and Built Environment” by Friday (22 February 2019) to email@example.com:
- Cover letter that demonstrates your experience, qualifications and why you feel you would be the right choice for this position. Please address the cover letter to:
Regional Director, ICLEI Local Governments for Sustainability, Southeast Asia Secretariat
- Latest CV (maximum of three pages)
Please use English for all communications. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No phone call is entertained. For more information about ICLEI Southeast Asia Secretariat, visit http://icleiseas.org/
3. Applications and CVs must be sent in one PDF, with filename: Surname.GivenName. Non-compliant submissions will not be considered.
Download the full TOR here.