We are looking for a Project Assistant to assist with the implementation of Urban Low Emission Development Strategies (Urban-LEDS II) project– an initiative which aims to contribute to the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions by the promotion of Urban Low Emission Development Strategies (Urban LEDS) in cities/towns in emerging economies (Brazil, Colombia, India, Indonesia, and South Africa), and Least Developed Countries (Bangladesh, Lao PDR, and Rwanda). This objective is aligned with the implementation of the Paris Agreement under the UNFCCC.
The position will be based at ICLEI SEAS’s Indonesia Office in Jakarta, Indonesia.
Assist in the implementation of Urban-LEDS II activities in Indonesia including coordination work with cities, national ministries, and other relevant stakeholders. Specifically, Project Assistant will work closely with the Urban-LEDS II Model Cities (Bogor and Balikpapan) as well as Satellite Cities (Kabupaten Bogor, South Tangerang, Tarakan, Bontang) to achieve project deliverables.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Project Officer in implementing Urban-LEDS II project activities.
- Provide administrative, logistical, and technical support in the organization of events, meetings, and workshops, etc.
- Assist in the preparation of Urban-LEDS II quarterly progress reports in English as required by ICLEI Southeast Asia and ICLEI World Secretariat.
- Assist in the updating of Indonesia’s country profile, city profiles, cCR (carbonn Climate Registry) and other requirements as the need arises.
- Assist in conducting research on institutional landscape and multi-level governance approach towards low emission urban development in Indonesia.
- Assist in generating communication materials, website content, and articles for the project newsletter, etc.
- Assist in the implementation of pilot/demonstration project in both model and satellite cities.
- Provide translation and interpreting support of Indonesian language materials to English and vice versa.
- Participate in Urban-LEDS II project team calls and other face-to-face meetings with other ICLEI offices, as the need arises.
- Prepare official communications for cities and national governments including relevant follow-up and coordination as required by the Urban-LEDS II project
- Participate in meetings and dialogues with national government and other key stakeholders.
- Perform other tasks as may be assigned from time to time.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science, Urban Planning, Energy, Development Studies, Community Development, Public Policy, Social Science or other related fields.
- Indonesian nationality.
- At least two years of relevant experience in project management/ implementation, stakeholder engagement, strategic planning and event arrangement.
- Knowledge in local development planning with a focus on policy development, climate action planning, energy and transport, and other related topics.
To apply, please submit the following documents through e-mail with subject “PA ULEDS2 – [your name]” no later than 18.00 WIB on Monday/ 28th January 2019, to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cover letter that demonstrates your experience, qualifications and why you feel you would be the right choice for this position. Please address the cover letter to:
Country Manager, Yayasan ICLEI – Local Governments for Sustainability Indonesia
- CV and completed Key Selection Criteria Response Form
Application letter, CV and Key Selection Criteria response form must be under one file name and must be filed as “PA ULEDS2 – [your name]”. Please use English for all communications. Only successful candidates will be contacted. No phone call is entertained. For more information about ICLEI Southeast Asia Secretariat, visit http://icleiseas.org/.
Download the full TOR here.