The Ambitious City Promises (ACP) is a 3.5-year regional project which aims to support selected large cities in Indonesia, the Philippines and Vietnam to establish strong greenhouse gas (GHG) reduction commitments, local climate action plans directed by concrete targets, enhanced multi-stakeholder engagement and integrated strategies. The ACP project has the overall objective of contributing to ambitious GHG mitigation targets at the national level through their own ambitious mitigation plans and activities (called the “City Promise”).
In the Philippines, Pasig City serves as the model city while satellite cities include Marikina and Parañaque.
The project recognizes that Pasig City has been implementing environmental initiatives that direct the city towards a low carbon pathway. However, there is a need to strengthen the link of the wide array of initiatives with the city’s potential capacity to reduce its GHG emissions. Therefore, the conduct of community-level GHG emissions inventory is a vital activity that will provide a solid basis for more accurate reduction targets as well as identification and prioritization of effective and realistic mitigation strategies and activities.
This consultancy’s overall objective is to assist the completion of Pasig City’s community-level GHG inventory in terms of activity data collection for stationary energy and wastewater sources. Specifically, the consultancy aims to:
- Conduct on-ground survey to facilitate data collection; (the survey instrument has already been developed by ICLEI)
- Establish data sets to be used in calculating GHG emissions of the identified sub-sectors; and
- Provide recommendations on overall activity data collection, analysis and overall management to the technical staff of the local government unit to facilitate knowledge transfer and sustainability of the process.
Duration and Location
The project must be completed within a period of four (4) months, from mid-November 2018 to February 2019.
At the end of the project period, the following outputs are expected:
- processed activity data sets on 1) energy production and use and 2) wastewater treatment and disposal of buildings (commercial and institutional) and industries operating within the geographical boundaries of Pasig City presented in Excel format
- conduct of one- to two-day capacity building training for local government staff on sampling procedures, proper data collection, analysis, and overall management including recommendations of appropriate tools. (Costs relating to logistics (venue, meals) of training workshop should not be included in the proposal).
All data, documents, reports, and other materials prepared as part of this assignment shall be the property of Pasig City and ICLEI shall be handed upon completion of the assignment. The consultant shall not pass on to any third party any data, document, reports, or other materials prepared or obtained during the assignment and 3 years thereafter
- Advanced degree in statistics, applied math, urban planning, or other related fields is required.
- At least five-year work experience in on-ground data collection, data and statistical analysis.
- Good research skills.
- Excellent command of English and Filipino languages (written and spoken).
- Excellent writing, presentation, and communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs.
- Creative, motivated, with keen attention to detail, and highly organized.
The consultant will directly report to Mr. Ranell Martin Dedicatoria, Regional Program Manager of ICLEI Southeast Asia. Main contact person at ICLEI Southeast Asia is Ms. Pamela Cabacungan, Project Officer – Climate Change Mitigation and main contact person at Pasig City is Ms. Raquel Naciongayo, Head of City Environment and Natural Resources Office (CENRO).
Interested individuals/firms are requested to apply before 09 November 2018 (Friday, 17:00) by sending the following documents to Ms. Pamela Cabacungan via email@example.com.
- Expression of Interest and confirmation of availability for the consultancy’s duration
- Latest CV (if individual); company profile and CVs of team members (if firm)
- Professional fees requested including details of the budget and time frame per task corresponding with the required deliverables.
For any queries, please contact ICLEI Southeast Asia via email address above or at (632) 426-0851.
Download the full ToR here.