The International Water Centre and the Alliance for Water Stewardship are now accepting participants to the Foundation, Advanced and Specialist training in the AWS International Water Stewardship Standard.
The AWS Standard is a framework for implementing good water stewardship by identifying and tackling water challenges at-site and catchment level.
Benefits to participants
This course will develop participants’ knowledge and skills in water stewardship and the AWS Standard. After successfully completing this course, participants will deepen their understanding of:
- How water stewardship can be situated within an overall suite of policy options for water management and contribute to organizational goals
- Key elements of stewardship systems and how elements are implemented in the AWS water stewardship system
- The range of risk and conformity tools that can support water stewardship
- How water stewardship is being applied in different contexts around the world
- How to work through the process of becoming a water steward and use the AWS Standard
For more information, visit International Water Centre’s website.